Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bruinfix
Sep 6, 2003

I am picking up the game after not playing for about a year. Hope to see you guys in the room. My name is Bruinfix on KGS. I am willing to teach or review games with people. My skill level is probably a low digit kyu player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bruinfix
Sep 6, 2003

DreadCthulhu posted:

Is there a good guide for territory control and dead stones out there on the net? I played a few games after reading a small introductory text bought at a random store, but I still can't figure out how dead stones exactly work. Sometimes one player surrounds the other, which itself was surrounding the first player. Or sometimes two territories intersect and it's unclear who owns what. That's the sort of thing that pretty much stopped me from playing more because I had no idea how to handle these cases.

KGS has a good guide that is interactive [http://www.gokgs.com/tutorial/index.jsp]. I hope that would help. You can also go on KGS join the SA room under social and ask for help. I would be willing to help you out KGS handle is Bruinfix. Frankly I need some practice teaching people how to play from the beginning because I don't have that calm non disjointed method down yet.