Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

qxan posted:

I am at school in Boston until Christmas. College and all. Sorry, pillow. :(

aww poo :(

Lyon posted:

I'm generally free any night except for Tuesdays. I can also be found on the weekends although Saturday is probably out until college football is over.

Do you know of any places we could go that have some lower non-dan ranked players as well? Preferably not a club that Jon goes to, I guess, because that would be all kinds of awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

ThePineapple posted:

Hey guys

You might have seen me on ITGO under "patrickyu". Finally got an account here, so hi everyone!

Now to play more go.

Oh, hi :)

superdylan posted:

I'm looking at Go boards for sale, and they all looks the same size physically. Stones, however, come in a range of sizes. How would I know if I need 22mm stones, 22.5mm, 23mm, etc?

This link might help:

http://senseis.xmp.net/?path=MakingYourOwnEquipment&page=EquipmentDimensions

There's a post in the comments section about Chinese boards/stones being slightly larger.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Lyon/qxan go phillies heh

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

God I hate poo poo talkers.

Move 2
PillowFace [10k]: whoops haha
Move 4
PillowFace [10k]: oh well i'll try this one
Move 5
angelcake [9k]: are you big mouth?
Move 6
PillowFace [10k]: i'm a little chatty i guess =/
Move 10
PillowFace [10k]: i wouldn't say big mouth
Move 13
angelcake [9k]: you have mental problem
PillowFace [10k]: lol
angelcake [9k]: couldn't control your mouth
Move 14
PillowFace [10k]: you have an rear end in a top hat problem
PillowFace [10k]: can't not be an rear end in a top hat
Move 15
angelcake [9k]: bipalor disorder
Move 140
PillowFace [10k]: ah you oval office
Move 234
PillowFace [10k]: pussy

I had to resign, what a loving human being.

EDIT: I just got chewed out by an admin wtf, the bitch tattled on me. I am feeling such KGS rage right now.

Pillow Face fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 6, 2009

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Nah, I was getting pounded and didn't want to give him the satisfaction of winning with a point count.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Mez posted:

should have gone afk for an extended period of time

Blendy posted:

why did you wait so long to call him a pussy and a oval office? or are we missing part of the convo? Also if he was a dick that early you can escape, games under 30 moves don't count (or so I am told, do I have that number wrong?).

Yeah, looking back, it didn't even matter. It was a free game. I don't know, it's just not in my nature to escape.

I figured it would be a sweeter win if I could pull an upset (10k vs. 9k) so I wanted to focus on the game. But then she (I think she, now that think about the screenname angelcake) kicked my rear end.

Admin: i have to keep it a family friendly environment. what if a 10-year-old saw that language?
Me: i guess you have a point, but my 10-year-old wouldn't be calling people loudmouths.

Then I started to feel a little bad. What adult male would tattle to an admin? Maybe I was actually playing a 10-year-old girl, and I honestly upset her. But then I thought gently caress her, she needs to learn not to run her mouth at friendly strangers.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, true. I'm over it.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Do they hand out permabans?

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Man, had I known that, I would have just told the admin to gently caress themselves. Oh well, there's always next time.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

16k European that sounds about right

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

I am just training in secret with an encyclopedia of go problems.

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

superdylan posted:

My friend's wife went back to Korea for the green card process, and I asked her to bring me back something go-related like a fan with a player's signature on it or something equally cheesy. This is what she showed up with

Holy poo poo! What are you, screwing your friend's wife? Nice set, in any case :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Oh how I missed your gentle caress, ITGO.