Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention
I posted in the thread they've got in tradgames discussion, but this one seems to be a bit more official. I've been meaning to get more into Go for a while now; I've played approx. 1 game every two months for the last year or so, and that needs to change. I'm on KGS as BaseCase; gonna try to log some time on there this weekend.

Here's a random stupid question that I haven't been able to find an answer for: In game records, does 'B+R' mean that Black won or lost? I know it means the game ended with a resignation, but I'm so new to the game that I can't tell who won just by looking at the ending position. I'm sure it doesn't help that I just grabbed some random pro games to read; those can be pretty hard to understand for someone without much experience. I think I'll hold off reading any more games until I play enough of my own to know what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

Has anybody with an iPad tried out SmartGo Kifu? It looks pretty cool, but I don't really want to spend $20 on an app that's not worth it.

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

Oh hey there, Go thread. Apparently I made a lazy attempt to get into Go about 8 years ago, according to my post history. Well, I'm trying again! In the past almost-a-decade, has anyone released a good play-go-against-humans iPad app? I've got SmartGo Kifu and it seems like it'll be good for practice problems and game review, but after a little googling it doesn't seem like there's been much movement on the, for example, iOS KGS client front. Hopefully I'm wrong?

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

Just gave PandaNet (Go) a try and it seems reasonably decent. Thanks for the recommendation! Looking forward to getting repeatedly crushed for the next several months :)