Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

slorb posted:

To keep this thread from repeatedly dying, does anyone want to play a turn based game in the thread to maybe interest some people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

JayMax posted:

What are you using to place the stones?

MSPaint, gogogo.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

comaerror posted:

Here's my new go loot.
It's hard to tell, but there are some gold dragons on the board, and the bottom and sides are bound in leather.

How much did you get this for? I have the same board (albeit with a different picture) but I'm pretty sure my brother hosed up buying it. It was in a Beijing marketplace and it was his first time bartering; the guy said "1200 yuan", my brother said "600" then the guy grins, shakes his hand, and says "SOLD"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I live dangerously how about W O4

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

C11?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Rhythm Heaven, the GBA one. It's better than the DS one imo.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

You probably mean http://eidogo.com/, but as far as I know, it's a joseki database, not a fuseki one.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Is there a good go app for an Android phone, preferably one that lets you play online?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

There wasn't a KGS Android app last I went looking, what's it called? Does it work on 1.5?

Edit: is this it? Oh god 15 dollars I'm a poor Filipino that's slightly expensive for me :(

Edit 2: It seems I'm not even allowed to buy apps if I live in this country, fffff

Argue fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 24, 2010

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

What's a good one for the iPad?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Playing a losing strategy all the way out to the end is important; it prevents the opponent from threatening you with it in the future, and it's a mark of self-confidence--it tells your opponent that you mean business and aren't afraid to make sacrifices.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Dragon Go (not to be confused with the voice-to-text app of the same name) does this, but I don't know if there's a mobile app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Lee Sedol needs to build a wall until he can figure out just what's going on