Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Evil SpongeBob posted:

It's 0.35% for me because I do all index funds (0.40 if you do active managed). I don't have a separate financial advisor.

Over half of my retirement funds are TSP, so I just duplicate vanguard portfolio in the TSP.

https://investor.vanguard.com/advice/personal-hybrid-robo-advisor

How are you liking VPAS? I currently use Wealthfront for my taxable account so it will do tax loss harvesting for me. I read that VPAS began doing tax loss harvesting - have you noticed it? So far, the tax savings that I reinvest have outweighed the 0.25% AUM fee at Wealthfront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I only use them for retirement fund advice and rebalancing.

After I retire, we'll be starting non retirement goals.

Oh ok. If you don't have a taxable account, wouldn't make sense to see any TLH.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

smackfu posted:

How do those services work if your 401k is with some other provider? Do they give guidance for the 401k too or just pay attention to what they have control over?

They don’t manage it, but they can offer advice on it. Part of the VPAS service is ability to schedule time with a financial advisor.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Set an auto investment and stop staring at it. Market downturns are actually sales!

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

I put my emergency fund amount in I Bonds and plan on just keeping it there for inflation protection.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Roth IRA maxed out! 401k and HSA on auto-contribute from paycheck. 2024 here we are. Love simple investing! :)

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

GordonComstock posted:

Not necessarily long-term, but what's a good option for an online bank that will simply be for collecting interest on an existing home down payment fund? Won't be buying until next year, won't need to pull from it most likely (the "most likely" is why I won't throw it into a CD or something).

Wealthfront has 5% interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Every year the Black & Tans sweat when I “up the IRA.”