Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Here's my current ride. 2008 Suzuki DL650. Loving the hell out of this thing. Great in town, tons of fun in the twisties and lets me explore dirt roads without a problem.

I'm looking for a CB 450 (or higher) to restore and will be picking up a Suzuki DR-Z400 this fall to satisfy my offroad desires once again.

This was my last bike. 1997 BMW F650 with 31K miles on it. Really fun bike and awesome reliability. I was going to keep it alongside the Suzuki but decided to sell it and get a more dirt orientated bike for the stable instead.

I can't find any digital pics of my other previous bikes. I gotta spend some time with my scanner one of these days..

Tindjin fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 8, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

French Canadian posted:

The main reason I can see this being not true is that if you're skilled enough you can probably handle a bigger bike with decent suspension and more power. It's just that the TW200 seems to carry its own insurance against crashing or running into trouble.

TW200 is an awesome little bike. I plan on getting another one for the stable eventually. I had one when I was a teenager and just a ton of fond memories of it.

For "only bike if the apocolypse happened" it would be a tough decision between a TW200 and a KLR650. Both are dead reliable with minimum maintenance and a hoot to ride.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

MetalClawWolf posted:

Bonus pic of my riding buddy!

Ohhh gently caress you in soo many ways.. I test rode one of those last week and drat! that is a fun fricken bike! Grats

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

005060524 posted:

Finally got my Midnight Warrior.

Just make sure you take off that abortion of a rear seat asap, that's a great looking bike except for that. (and I'd need to put some 10-12 inch ape hangers on it but that's just me)

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
New mount in the stable.

2001 Suzuki SV650
8890 Miles
Originally up on craigs for $2800. I had originally talked with the guy 2 weeks ago but couldn't get up to see it (60 miles away) and then was on vacation. Saw him post it up again yesterday and drove up today. Handles great, motor runs perfect, not a drat scratch on it. The fork seals do need to be redone, not gone yet but dried out and starting to crack a little. After talking with him handed him $2k in cash (cash talks!) and loaded it onto my truck.

Love the color. Funny thing is (and completely unplanned) my new truck (Ford F150) gets delivered in 2 weeks and is almost the exact same color.

Current plans are a suspension upgrade to the springs to handle my weight better (yes I am a fat fucker).
Probably change out the exhaust from the stock one, more to get rid of the huge chrome one.
Some basic luggage to carry stuff when going on trips out side of town.

Tindjin fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 28, 2011

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

beneatsfood posted:

I was a lucky bastard and won a raffle last june and got my hands on my eliminator 125. Not too bad for a first bike :cool:

Nice! Better than paying for it and when you want to upgrade it's like a (almost) free down payment.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

slidebite posted:

Cross-post pic from the ST thread, but just picked this up on Saturday.

Had a whopping 1400KMs on the clock. Now it has 2600K because of the ride back. :D

Slidebite how are you liking it after the ride back? I want to pick up a ST bike this fall but I keep switching between the connie and fjr. I've put a few hundred miles on the fjr and like it but have only gotten 10-15 miles on a connie so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Oh my... Where the hell is the ride report??