Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Stylish and practical, with the new rack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Supradog posted:

New tires on GT550 and the base electrics are done.

Current state of the fleet.

From the left 04 Yamaha Fz6n, 89 Yamaha xt600zTenere 600, 89 Kawasaki gt550 and lastly my 94 Honda nx250.

That Tenere is fine as heck!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

There is no such thing as a "P-51 Combat Fighter"

The P-51 mustang was made from riveted aluminum sheet, not machined billet

A plain old steel frame is far more fatigue-resistant than any aluminum frame

There is nothing on this that could remotely be described as a monocoque

Argh

E: oh okay the "P-51 combat fighter" is one of their other motorcycle models. That's a stupid name. Other points still stand

I don't know what you're talking about, that seat is clearly designed for just one coque.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

opengl posted:

100 miles of backroads brapping on the new to me Duke today. Got drat this thing is so much fun. Just wide open throttle everywhere, redlining every gear, easy mode cornering. Exactly what I wanted out of a little bike.

Nice! Getting exactly what you want out of a bike is :kiss: