Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Chill_Bebop posted:

I just got this today, my first bike- A 1981 Yamaha XT250. Now I need to get it running correctly. I also got on it and instantly realized that I'm probably way too big for the bike. (6'4", 200) You can see how bent my legs are. Also, love to squint.

Do some research, my buddy has an 82 Honda XL250, and he found he can just bolt on a 1985 CR125 rear shock and suspension. It's motocross suspension but it sure picked it up a bit. Take a look at the YZ's in the same years.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

$300 dollars of honda

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Crappy group Cell photo

It's an angry garage. Scorpa needs its rear brake off (need to buy a set of giant allens), WR has a radiator out for repair, Ossa needs new front brake and clutch cables, TTR needs a new exhaust and the Scrambler there is waiting on its badges before I clearcoat.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

It's easy to "outgrow" a stock geared street 600 because they're geared so loving tall. Combine that with most people being utterly unwilling to really rev out an engine, and they don't understand that in order to get a 600 really working on the street, you're looking at at least -1/+2 gearing, probably more. A 600 that's geared like that is closer to the experience you'll get at the throttle with a literbike, but with 600s there's a lot of waiting for poo poo to happen when you're below 40mph.

You sound like me in the Buell thread.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

New sportster design. Same old bike, but keeps looking better.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

second best sponge posted:

Just got this last week, 2011 Harley Sportster 1200. She is gorgeous!

The things Harley is doing with their gas tanks these days is awesome. If only they were larger.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

redscare posted:

Hot rod sportster club +1

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Harley -
XR-1200

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

DILLIGAF posted:

I would support this if it didn't become a chromosexual brofest.

I had a de-eagling party for mine. Chrome don't get ya home.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Well, as I said in the Dirt thread my KTM got stolen. I pick up my new bike tomorrow so here's to the two years on the KTM.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Aaaand new biek. 2011 GasGas XC200 Six Days

The race sag is woefully off at 89mm. Unfortunately the laden sag is right on, so the spring is just too stiff for me. I'll banded it with loosening the preload adjustment for now, but I need to respring.

Doing the heat cycles right now! Get to start breaking it in tomorrow.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

New kitchen appliance:

Anyone want to guess?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

It has new:

Piston,
cylinder,
shift shaft n seal,
exhaust,
swingarm and wheel bearings
brakes,
grips.

$650

Deal of the century.

All it needs is tires.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

front fender sticker look yamaha.

ding ding ding

It's a 1984 TY250. Didn't come to the USA, I got one of the rare canadian models. Will be a great bike to ride vintage trials while I wait for the championship hare scrambles to start again in May.

Crosstraining yo.

Also good buddy bike.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

New bike day!

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 12, 2012

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Better believe I'll be adjusting the erogs, sag, and rekluse engagement in the kitchen too.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Bought new biek. YZ250x. Motosport dot com hosed up my side panel numbers tho.

Put first ride on it last weekend. It's gr8

Immediately put on
GYTR flywheel weight
Galfer 270mm front rotor kit
Enduro Engineering hand guards
BRP radiator guards
Motion Pro micro bleeders
magnetic drain plug
TMDW skid plate

The sag was perfect for my weight out of the factory ~*magic*~

Brought it to the track last week and started tuning in the suspension for JDayOffroad races. For the first time in my life I needed to back off on stock compression to be happy. This thing shows its moto X background.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

The only non-standard mod I did was I added pro taper "pro" clutch perch/lever and brake levers so I can have adjustable levers. The KTM's come with adjustables, and I like to run my levers very close to the bars. They're pretty great so far.

I also bought a Tubliss system instead of heavy duty tubes. Jury is out on that, but I think it will be good. I'll probably also put a Rekluse in it over winter cuz I'm going to contest the championship enduro series again this year, and they're bringing back timekeeping for every event, and I'm lazy.

The biggest unknown to me is I need lights for the enduro series. I might just buy some LED version, and get a little 12V regulated DC battery from sparkfun that I only use when in tech inspection at the race. Seems much easier than putting in a nicer lighting coil.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Capn Jobe posted:

Well, this was inevitable:

No it wasn't. You did that.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I got my first roadbike in over a decade

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Is that a piston port?
The intake seems awfully high to induct into the cases

reeds

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm wondering if that's a piston port cylinder design or if it's case induction instead because of the height, but the presence of reeds answers it. Thanks, I wasn't considering the old PP's don't have those.

I've never seen a piston port bike with reeds before.

Yes it goes into the case.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Thanks dudes,

Rode it a bunch yesterday and found a bunch of little things to fix. Motor and suspension and brakes are perfect though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Over the winter I rebuilt much of this bike, from suspension to the wiring harness to brakes, to the cooling system. When I went to put it back together the motor siezed without even starting. Ultimately found bolts that held the clutch basket to the primary had worked backwards and gummed up some gears. Yikes. Fixed all that and just started it for the first time this year.

Still have a bunch of body work to do though. The tank and the ZX6R front end don't play nice.

https://imgur.com/aQxqtQT

EDIT: Also probably need to futz with jetting lolol