Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Another SV haver here.

2006 SV650. My first bike, bought it bone stock in January of this year after pulling 75 hour work weeks for 8 months so I could afford to buy it outright. And honestly, I couldn't be more satisfied.

So far I've got 5500 miles under my belt witch includes rides on The Dragon (including one at night!!), Hellbender, Cherahola Skyway, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've ridden in MD, VA, NC, TN and GA. Not to shabby for my first season, and it's not even close to being over.

Mods: ZX-10 rear shock, Sonic Springs, Seargent Seat, tank bra, fender eliminator, turn signals all around, Viper Stubby slip on, and Napolean bar end mirrors. Soon it's going to get some Suburban Mechanics type 2 bars, a belly pan, rear cowl, hugger and a paint job. Probably black with a blue stripe.

Currently I'm thinking about trying to do a trackday or class of some kind so I can work on my form and hopefully get a little better.

Top of The Dragon.

Pack mule.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Spiffness posted:

What set of bags is that?

Nelson Rigg. Great stuff, and the customer service is fantastic. I got it all from NewEnough.

CL-150 Expandable Sport Tail Pack
CL-950 Deluxe Saddlebags
CL-650 Expandable Tank Bag

And a POS backpack holding an extra jacket bungeed to the tail bag.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Spiffness posted:

Thank you much. That looks like a great touring setup.

No problem. They've done me good so far on two out of state trips. I'd reccomend them to anyone.