Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?
I am pretty much bikeless at the moment but I thought I would share some of my past bikes if that is okay, reading this thread is making me jealous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/Sauc0r/P1010238.jpg
My first bike and I still regret selling it to this day

Moved on to a purple ninja with major carb problems

and then this, I think everyone owns a gixxer at some point

Since there seems to be a few XS bobbers here is my friends XS650 he just finished

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

Repo Man posted:

There have been quite a few of those in this thread. I still remember when they first came out. The GPz550 had been the bike that made my heart flutter, but when I began seeing V45 Interceptors around in late '83, it was my new love.

Probably my most memorable moment for seeing a bike for the first time was checking out the GSXR750 at the Suzuki display at Laguna Seca in 1985. Seeing Penny Baker (Miss January 1984) signing posters at the Suzuki tent was really cool, but I think the GSXR was even more awe inspiring. It was so different than any street bike I'd ever seen before. Having a GSXR750 of that vintage in good shape would be really cool.

Nerobro, I still have the July 1983 issue of Cycle that has a write up of the GS550ES. Would you like me to scan it and put it up?
there is atleast 3 first gen 750's in my city. I had a chance to buy one but didnt have the funds. I would still love to own one one day. Unfortunately none of the ones in town here have stock paint anymore.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

Very jealous of that beautiful triumph. Also I have been eyeing Moto Guzzis here ever since we got a dealer last year.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

hey I haven't been around here in a few years since I got rid of my interceptor and GSX-R 750 but they opened up a track here so I had to get back into. Always wanted a ninja anyways.

anyone know if I get a set smoked euro signals if they will solder right in?

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

mattfl posted:

Welcome fellow titanium 636 rider!
Yes, all those stupid stickers are gone.

is that your bike? did it start of as an SE and then get repainted or was it a regular 636 and then got painted titanium?

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

ya I am glad the flames were mostly taken off mine, I do like the red wheels though. I am ordering new signals and a seat cowl today I am not sure if smoked or clear will look best though. thoughts?

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

Trip Daddy X posted:

Having finally sold my '09 Ninja 250, I recently upgraded to an '06 Ninja ZX6R. It has custom paint, Power Commander, full front to back Yoshimura RS-5 exhaust, GPR Stabilizer, and a bunch of litle goodies like LED taillight and flush mount turn signals. This is the first bike I've ridden besides my 250, and all I can say is WOW.

Welcome to the 636 club

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

infraboy posted:

awesome! I think the 636 is one of the best 600s out there. Are those front forks from a different bike? I think stock the came with gold uppers.

it might be a repainted 06 SE, the forks on mine are not gold and that doesn't look like the stock Kawi blue

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

is the MT01 still in production?

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

Phy posted:

Now, do they sell it where infraboy is? Because it's not up for grabs in Canada or the US.

there is one at blackfoot, I have wanted one since I first read about them in 07 I think it was. when I have the cash next year I doubt it will be around. Oh well guess I'll have to settle for an XR1200

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

Phy posted:

They did sell it in Canada for a few years but not for the past couple, far as I know.

Calgary, or is there another blackfoot?

Calgary yes
http://www.blackfootonline.com/moto_productdetail.php?id=2669

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

Phy posted:

Awesome, let me know if you want to go riding sometime

I am actually in Regina, but I might be riding to or through Calgary this summer, if so I will let you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

the walkin dude posted:

Latest iteration of my biking lunacy.

'05 Ninja 636 with 11.5k miles, Jardine slip-on and Power Commander.

edit: bettah pic

is this the third new 05-06 zx6 this year? popular bike