Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Nerobro, you're making my head hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Well, that's certainly very ... red. I guess the next step would be dying the seat red as well? :v:

I'd love to give one of the larger Buells a go - the last one I tried was a blast, way back in MSF, and I thought it was fun, but way too goddamn small for me.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Taisa posted:

Is there some secret to keeping a bike clean when you use it every day in wet/rainy conditions? Also Seattle drizzle can die.

Well, the easiest solution is just to get a grey bike - mine was unwashed for ~2 months (in Victoria, so we're about the same for rain/road grime), and about the only place that it was noticeable was the windscreen.

Otherwise, I'd also like to know, as I do like having a shiny bike, but don't feel like spending an hour every week to keep it that way. :effort:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Send him out for a replacement chain next time, and see if he comes back with a Desmo. :black101:

Also, sweet gently caress, that thing is hot, especially in something other than "lookit me I'm Italian" red.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

We have your cat. If you ever want to see it alive again, you must post many, many videos of this bike.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Well, it isn't, if you don't mind buying non-OEM pieces.

JTS, why aren't you going to the track, what with all your wheelie/stoppie/kneedragging shenanigans? There's fewer people pulling out randomly in front of you, and last time I checked, none of them have train tracks running parallel on them.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Zool posted:

I'll take one can of flat black and one of oh I don't know electric blue. I really can't make fun of you for having a hideous mismatched looking bike, but I wish I could.

You'd swear, with the number of rattlecanned black, early 90s CBR600s there are driving around, that Honda had offered that as an option from the factory. They seem to far outnumber those bikes that have retained their original paint.

The way that the blue breaks up the silhouette of the bike kind of reminds me of dazzle camouflage. Are you trying to make judging speed based on your bow wake difficult? :iiam:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Peripheral nerve damage is often associated with hearing loss. :eng101:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

:flashfap:

Man, all these new, hot supermotos (and dirtbikes) floating around CA aren't doing anything for my resolve to not attempt to trade my track bike for a sumo. :emo:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Man, the NSR125 is twice the bike the CBR125 could ever hope to be.

Well, other than the passing emissions, being nearly silent, fuel injected, and cheap to maintain...

But really, does any of that matter when you compare it to the sound of a small two stroke being ragged on?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Drum brakes on a 2005 :ohdear:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I know, but I needed to have some barb other than "straight pipes :hurr:"

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I like air/oil-cooled bikes, but if only I could find one that had efi instead of a fuel drip. :sigh:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Yeah, don't worry, my neighbours have been doing that, with a pair of Bonnies, blatting up and down the block.

Precioussssssssss :comeback:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

^^ Looks sharp, but goddamn that engine :btroll:

Ola posted:

Sure, no problem. Would you like 120 Nm of torque with your order?

GSX 1400.

Why must you taunt us poor North Americans with things that we can never have? :smithicide:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Z3n posted:

Dude, we've got had the B-King. What more can you ask? Ungrateful canadians. :argh:

gently caress my life that thing is ugly.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Huh. It's an F4 CBR that I don't immediately dislike the looks of. :confused:

vv I don't normally like the looks of most CBRs - the paint scheme on yours really suits the shape of the bike, which is why I like it (I think). Or maybe it's because you still have the stock exhaust. :)

Simkin fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 29, 2009

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Not sure how difficult expensive retrofitting an undertail exhaust would be, but there are certainly no shortage of 600 supersports out there that came like that stock. Maybe look into whether a CBR600RR exhaust would interfere with anything? That's probably your best bet.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

The CBR250. :smith:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

halonx posted:

Shiny

Looks nice, although the straight pipes don't really seem to fit the lines of the bike. I mean, if you're going to run straight pipes, why have them pointing arbitrarily at the contact patch of the rear tyre?

Nice looking bike, Christobevii3, how are you finding it thus far? Also, wtf 62 miles? Did the guy ride it home from the dealership without telling his wife, and then ride it right back when she threatened divorce?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Any plans to tour around on it? (yeah, 200mi in a weekend isn't a bad start :v: )

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I'd say it's a safe bet that he bought it used - I don't imagine Suzuki sold those much past 2003.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

cheesebot posted:

Toaster :swoon:

That's a pretty spotless looking BMW. Nice find.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I want a Scrambler soooooo loving bad. I took an 09 out for a spin last week, and I'm :swoon: over it. The ridiculous amount of torque, paired with the flat seat (and no tach) had me sliding backwards on the seat pretty much every time I rolled hard on the throttle. Not that I did that, much (honest :v: ), since the tester only had like 6km on it. It still smelled of paint and light machine oil baking off when I parked it. I wasn't hugely impressed by the fuel injection - it seemed to be a little hesitant on/off throttle, and especially at smaller throttle openings - are the earlier carb'd (08 and earlier, I guess) versions much smoother? They had one there that I may have to ride out and try later on in the week.

It's pretty much the only bike that I've seriously considered selling other projects/toys to buy, despite the fact that I don't need a new vehicle, nor would owning something from new be rational. Still... :rodimus:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Watommi posted:

shiny

The one really odd/niggling thing I found, riding one around for such a short while, was that my feet ended up sitting at different angles to the bike. On the right hand side, there's a reservoir for the rear brake (and attendant cover), but on the left side, nada. I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs, and it just felt ... well, not awkward, but certainly something I'd try to rectify as soon as I got the bike home.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Is it possible to ride that around town without being instantly arrested? :supaburn:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

How else you gonna feed those four angry cylinders of 250cc fury?

Also, jealous that a bike like that is not uncommon for you.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Akion posted:

My newest toy.

I like the Manx badge on the side cover. It also doesn't look like a half-assed cafe conversion, either.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Nyyen posted:

There was also a 1965 Triumph T120 Bonneville, an unknown Aermacchi single cylinder, and a BSA 440 Victor to work on next. This is going to be a kickass summer.

Goddamn, we need some more pics, son. Also, that Honda is awesome.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

drat, that BSA looks like it would be all sorts of fun (if not a pain in the rear end to keep running). Hell, even that HD looks like something that I'd enjoy riding.

I'm torn on that Honda. It looks loving badass as it is, but there's just sooooo much space in the middle of the frame, just begging for a bit more motor to be shoehorned in.

A 250cc 2T dirtbike engine is pretty small, right guys? :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

The logical conclusion of 'grandpa rides a hayabusa' is 'great-grandpa just turbo'd his hayabusa.' It's the only direction for him to go. :ssj:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

500 miles? What the hell is wrong with people that they barely even bother breaking something in before selling it off? Well, I mean, unless it was a terrible financial decision, and you're helping him keep the wolves at bay...

Simkin
May 18, 2007

M4gic posted:

only starts in neutral

That's just the neutral safety switch. If you're trying to start it with the kickstand down, in gear, you'll have to have the clutch pulled all the way in.

I mean, unless Yamaha is particularly :downs: on this.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

He's also positioned lower, and probably has a good deal more experience in riding in adverse conditions.

It's not windy until you're dragging hard parts while going in a straight line. :colbert:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

bung posted:

How's the ergos on that? Does it have a skinny-rear end dirtbike seat and metal pegs, or is it more of a standard with motocross trappings?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

As wierd as the suspension looks, it works like a charm, and you really don't notice anything untowards about it. I would just like to say that after carrying a passenger on my dad's R1150GS, I'm really loving jealous. Two-up on my ZR-7S isn't terrible, but on that big beast, you don't notice a goddamned thing.

Okay, maybe I wouldn't want his exact bike - I'd take something like this instead:

Simkin fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

BSAKat posted:

Needs a scrambler exhaust

That looks like a pretty cool little project. Any reason you left the fenders unpainted?