Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

8ender posted:

That first ride is pretty fun eh? I did my first ride a week ago and I was grinning like a fool and making GBS threads my pants in fear at the same time the entire ride. When I got off the bike I had been smiling the entire ride and had a few bugs stuck in my teeth.

Below is me on the first ride preparing to pussy out and go sloppy and wide on a turn

I love your bike. Don't ever sell it.

Well unless it is to me. :iamafag:

I want my bike so I can post it in all its glory. Come on Monday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Phat_Albert posted:

MONDAY SHALL BRING THE INCEPTION OF THE RV90 ARMY.

GLORY BE TO TINY BIKES.

HAIL TO THE 2 STROKES!

This is Christmas in July.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 17, 2008

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

kdc67 posted:

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

What's so wrong with that?

So someone else was up at midnight at a theater. :)

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Cross post from my project thread.

2004 Yamaha Zuma
1972 Suzuki RV90J

I plan to buy a CB550 next summer.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Nerobro posted:

I don't get the CB550 love... *points at his GS550* much better bike. :-)

It is more because of the support. *Looks at sohc forums*

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Nerobro posted:

https://www.thegsresources.com They're better. ;-) There are fewer guesses and fuzzy answers there.

Oh I see what you did.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Nerobro posted:

What did I did? As much as the honda community is strong, most CB's are their own model. They also have fairly short "model" runs. So parts don't interchange easily. and parts that do are random magical combinations. GS's have, and had long model runs. And once suzuki engineered something, they stuck with it. Parts swap easily, and widely throughout the range. And, you don't have the "this was never designed to be maintined" problems you run into on hondas.

Have you done any long touring on it?

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Nerobro posted:

They're a "do anything" bike. They're pretty slow, but they are street legal. they float over just about any kind of ground. Just ask Phat_albert. Or Mouse Eats Cheese. They both have one.

I'm quite jealous of his as his runs. Just did a ghetto filter job on mine, but it should work. Unfortunately my free time is taken up by class. Check to make sure there's an air filter in the air box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Phat_Albert posted:

Dry weight is listed as 185lbs.

And they fit in the back of a minivan!