Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Love this doofy thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

captainOrbital posted:

I was really stupid on the streets today and am happy that I didn't get pulled over. I have to remember to write my wife's mantra, "don't be stupid," on the bars or somewhere I can see it.

I was thinking the same thing the other day when I was out riding like a dong. The striple actively encourages it, which doesn't help.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

High Protein posted:

Spent two days installing mods: tail rack + bag, shortened the rear fender (they prepared it for this from the factory), crash bobbins, tach + oil temp sensor. Next up is trying some under-bar mirrors, and in a couple of weeks the tuning kit.

What did you use for oil temp? I used this one and like it well enough, but curious what else is out there.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Still love this thing

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

hit the bricks pal! posted:

That is beautiful, I wish they never changed the headlights. What year is it?

2009. :britain:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

this was a triumph?

Yeah 2009 Street Triple

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I really want to try one of those. The closest dealer that sells them never got back to me about a demo ride even though Zero's website made it sound like they have no problem doing them. Wonder if they do demo days.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Come on, central PA spring! Another teaser day today.

I've had like the past month's worth of weekends free, and today it'll be 74 in SE PA and I'm triple booked with indoor responsibilities. Sad face for no riding time today.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

pun pundit posted:

Selling my sv650, bought this.

After my crash last year I've had issues making right turns with confidence with the suspension of the sv; getting this bike has improved that massively. I think "confidence-inspiring" is the expression.

I never wrecked my SV but going from that to my Street Triple I noticed the same thing. The suspension felt immediately more confidence inspiring. The SV always felt like it was one bump mid corner from pogo'ing me off it or bottoming out.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CheddarGoblin posted:

:krad: more scoots plz

No clutch lever this counts right?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

So is this just a case of the throttle is 0-100%? That sounds like it could be quite scary on something with the torque of an electric motor :aaa:

It's amazingly easy to control and not kill yourself. As mentioned, there are ride modes with less than full power, but even in Sport with full power, you have traction control, lean-sensitive stability control, and ABS. You can give it full throttle from a stop and it just takes off, no drama, no wheelies, etc. Same thing coming through a turn or even with poor traction. It's seamless and works great.

You can still turn that stuff off if you have a death wish though. Also the throttle mapping is tame at low speeds, it's super manageable and scooter like just putting around at parking lot speeds. Above 15-20mph is when things get really spicy.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Probably the last ride of the season for me. Unseasonably warm 62° in PA today.

I wanted to ride the DR350 but the battery was dead. It’s an unknown amount of years old and decided to kick the bucket today. Lovely.

I got out for an extended lunchtime rip today too thanks to the same weather here in SE PA.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Where in PA? I’m sort of Eastern Central for lack of a better description.

Bucks/Montco

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

More unseasonably warm weather in PA today so I got out and did the needful between work calls

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yup gonna try and get out again for sure.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

A little top up while I stretched.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Wish I could easily brap like that with friends :(

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Tidy. Love it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl128 posted:

Tidy. Love it.

Aaaaand now I've started looking for one as a long distance alternative to the Zero. This one looks solid to me.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

That got an eye roll out of me for sure.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FBS posted:

Silver isn't this bike's best color but it does have a satisfying pop in the sunlight. Also, I didn't realize til now how dirty it is. Wish I had a hose at home, that's like the one thing I'm missing at this apartment.

opengl128 posted:

Tidy. Love it.

opengl128 posted:

Aaaaand now I've started looking for one as a long distance alternative to the Zero. This one looks solid to me.

So that one sold before I could go see it, but I set up a craigslist alert and a 2006 with 39k popped up and I emailed him 5 minutes later. Went and bought it today, but need to go back with a ride to pick it up in a week or two. Should be a nice little beater bike. It's a little grimy but no major damage or issues, just needs a good cleaning. It also just got a new clutch.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FBS posted:

Hell yeah bike buddies :hfive:

I'll be curious to hear what you think of the stock handlebar position. Also what exhaust setup is on yours?

:hfive:

I took it for a spin around the block, they are definitely much more narrow than I am used to. I'll see how I like it once I get a few rides in.

It has a Two Brothers exhaust, but I'm actually looking for a stock set. I like quiet bikes these days.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Steakandchips posted:

The Zeros aren't as pretty as the LiveWire IMO as well.

Difference of opinion but I think mine is quite sharp :cool:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The 919 I just got has an aftermarket can, so I hopped on one of the FB groups looking for a stock set (which I easily found for the cost of shipping). So many people were dumbfounded that I want to "downgrade" to stock exhaust, but I'm over loud bikes. Riding my Zero made me realize how nice it is to cruise through some pretty scenery in near silence.

Don't get me wrong I still love hearing a glorious engine sing, and if I could easily hear it sometimes (like the valved exhaust on my Mustang) I would. But 95% of the time I'd be in quiet mode anyway.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

friends :3:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

That bike Fucks.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I've got the immediate concerns and issues addressed on the beater 919 after a few weeks blown into a million pieces in my garage, shakedown ride yesterday went well. Gave it a quick hand polish and wax, I love this color, its got so much depth and pop.

Still have a laundry list of to-dos but at least I can ride it in the meantime.

opengl fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 12, 2022

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

100 miles is about what I get on the Zero, it’s fine for a few hour joyrides. Would be perfect for commuting if I had a commute.

Still limiting enough though that I got the 919 for when I want to do longer rides.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FBS posted:

Stopped for a quick shot on my way home from my folk's for Father's Day.

:whatup:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Lot of good that AAA sticker did them!

I always laugh at that, I'm convinced that boomers think if you don't slap the sticker they send you on your car they'll refuse to tow you or something.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Come to SE PA and visit one of our thousands of office parks

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mouzer posted:

Went for a ride. The highway was significantly less intimidating this time with earphones in. Highly recomended

Wear actual earplugs when riding. Your future self without tinnitus will thank you.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mouzer posted:

drat, I misstyped that. I did in fact wear foam earplugs, and they were significantly better on the highway. The Cardo speakers still worked well too!

Ah good good. Stash a handful somewhere on the bike too.

its all nice on rice posted:

Went on a short trip to central/eastern Washington this weekend. The speed twin really is a great bike.

Just a shot from the driveway at where I stayed in Peshastin.

Wenatchee River along WA-97.

WA-2 just outside Cle Elum.

All images here.

Love it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

crazyivan45 posted:

Shouldn’t have spent the money but wanted something that would work on the highway. Still have the SR and the CB, but this is my new daily rider

This rules

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FBS posted:

It was so nice out tonight you'd forget it's still a Monday.

Lookin fuckin nice!

I haven't been riding mine in the past couple weeks, it's been WAY too hot. Even after the sun goes down it's been over 90 and humid. I took it out once towards the beginning of this heat wave and it was kind of miserable, I had already forgotten how much heat pours out of an ICE bike even when moving, let alone sitting at a light. So I've just been riding the Zero until things cool down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010