Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
1996 GSXR750. Purchased used and this thing was a loving peice of poo poo, forever cementing my dislike for suzuki. Suzuki might be a great bike for someone else, but the only one I have ever like was the one I learned on a 1992 GSXR600 of a friend of mines that I put about 100miles on in a neighborhood. Other than that, Suzuki doesn't like me, and I don't like suzuki.

First bike besides a honda xr80 that I owned when I was 13. This is a 1968 BSA 441 shooting star. Still in my garage collecting dust as I call it my project bike. I really need to start fixing it up.

2006 Honda CBR600RR. Purchased at .4 miles in August 06 now has 14,500 or so on the clock. 0 commuting miles. I love it. Mods? Frame sliders, rear spools, grips, uhh that's about it.

First 3 day ride into AR.

It's been to the Dragon and Pig trail. I would have a "HELLBENDER" sticker on it but the bridge was closed.

Eh two more, I'm a whore for the worlds biggest stuff.

Big fuckin injun.

BIGGEST loving CHIMES IN THE WORLD.

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

RacerHD12 posted:

Screw it, here's my (and my dad's) garage with the rest of our bikes:

Holy poo poo. Harley davidson flat tracker? That thing looks pimp!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Braincloud posted:

Ha ha, well it used to have painters tape proclaiming our destination on the back/front/big flat area.

I still have no idea which way that bag is supposed to face.

The other way. :up Think aerodynamic.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Sick_Nukes posted:

After 6 months of waiting I was able to pick up my Street Triple last Saturday, unfortunately I had to spend Sunday and Monday at work so I hardly got a chance to ride it. So far I'm loving it can't wait until break in is over.

How do your buddy's like the Axio hard tailbag? Really want to get one of those, would like a review.

Ripoff posted:

I think Honda's basically sold me on their bikes for life.

Welcome to the fold. :)

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
loving SWEET cbr125r.

Axio Tail bag: http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tail_bags/axio/hardpack_motorcycle_tail_bag.html

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Ung! I want a XR650R so bad. Very nice setup, post more pix when you get it dual sported please!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
loving double post. :(

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
The pix don't do it justice. The 950R is the tallest bike in the entire world. It's loving awesome all around though. Little too tall for me, I would definitely rock a 690 enduro though.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

npn posted:

This makes me sad.

Yeah I was going to say the same roughly. What you going to put it in your living room or something?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

hedgiejugglr posted:

There I am sitting on my baby the day he came home with me.

Know how I know you're gay?

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Dubs posted:

600's are lovely street bikes compared to 750/1000, there is no bait.

Eff you.

Z3n posted:

Yup, that generation of GSX-R wasn't as bad as the generation before it for having no midrange, but still...600 I4s on the street, :barf:

Eff you.

huplescat posted:

I'm working on my brother to upgrade to a 1000 instead of a 600. He's been riding a Ducati Monster 600 for the last year and is looking at a Honda CBR600RR.

Eff you.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

yeah this is a major hot button issue here. it is the kirk vs. picard to our trekkies.

You're cool.

Z3n posted:

but most 600 supersports are poo poo for the street.

And Eff you.

lancemantis posted:

Does anybody know how well those Cortech bags get along with under seat exhausts?

Mine does just fine.

Also all you jerks saying that 600's suck for the street, eh go get a scooter if you don't like shifting. Which is the only real valid argument I have heard for the 1000's are better than 600's for the street "I don't have to shift as much". Other than that they are awesome. And comfort doesn't come into it because the 600RR's vs. the 1000RR's the 600RR is more geared towards the street rider with their seating position.

This message brought to you by your resident CBR600RR spokesperson.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Z3n posted:

The problem with a 600 is that you get it really rolling and you're doing totally illegal poo poo...by the time you hit the powerband in any gear but first you're probably already breaking a shitload of laws. Usable power is what I want for a street ride, and 600s aren't so great at that.

Spiffness posted:

It's not all 600's, just Honda 600's that are stupid.

:dance:

no u.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
noway man, 600 still not enough power for dat thing, I'd only ride it if you put a busa engine in it cuz rawr more powra

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
WORRRRRD!

Anyhow, back on topic. :)

Going to actually start working on the BSA in the new year. It's a BSA 441 shooting star named Charity, because I haven't actually paid for her yet.

Not near enough POWA for the streets I guess, but hoping to get her street worthy by summertime. Key is I need to start working on her now in wintertime, because summer/spring I'll be "Well do I want to work on the bike, or go ride, fukkit imma go ride".

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeah, but they're in Texas, and you're in Texas. Also, it's x-mas slow shipping is even slower than normal. Do you have a tracking #? If not I'd give them a ring and see if they have it.

Heh, I'm pretty glad I don't live in Florida either, you guys got 1 turn in the entire state.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

AncientTV posted:

Holy poo poo, this. A thousand times this. The only way to stop it is to walk like you just got kicked in the balls.

Got 'em for a hundred bucks though.

Who cares? My Gaerne's squeak all to hell but meh, eekoo eekoo eekoo anywhere I walk is awesome.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Armacham posted:

I've heard KLR650 at 4000 RPM in 3rd gear

yes, they were that specific

:lol::lol::lol:

Becktastic going to be all :eek: then be all :mad: then you're going to get nothing but :fap: for awhile.

Z3n's gay, obviously. Women who actually ride their own bikes are HOT. Even better if they actually ride them vs just going to the hang out spot, maybe 5 miles around town, and back home. Yes I'm biased. This new information about RPM's and though, does insurance pay if the chick is having a multiple and rear ends me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Couple of guys around here cut a golf ball in half and stuck it on the top side of their pillion seat. Nice little speed bump for da ladiezzzzzzzz.

Heh, back on topic.

AR last year.