Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I feel like the front wheel trikes are better than the rear wheel trikes from an aesthetics and (I’d assume) handling standpoint? They nearly have to be.

I know a lot of this forum hates on the Can-Ams but I don’t mind that type of stuff, especially because it lets people who otherwise couldn’t ride get on something bike-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Where do you work again? Asking for a friend

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You don’t have all that stuff AND a blue lives sticker without being fash

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

C :f5:

*You have died of Dysentery*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FBS posted:

can't believe you guys are making fun of the photography instead of how filthy my bike is

Washing your bike is illegal

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You can’t see the leaks, you cant see the dirt. Is it all leaks? All dirt? Perfectly clean?

WHO KNOWS!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My old roommate did a ton of track days and amateur races on take-offs. Ain’t no shame

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Time to see if it can wheelie

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You will never not need to futz with the jetting if my experience is anything to go by, but they can generally be gotten “good enough” for most situations.

That thing is rad as hell

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is clean AF, holy crap

Also I appreciate the engraving robot that was clearly drunk. I feel you, buddy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Professor Wayne posted:

Happy new bike day. Extremely weird not having a clutch or shifter, but I like it so far

That looks pretty cool, keep us updated on how it goes. I agree that you will either be cleaning that seat constantly or you will just accept that it’s permanently going to sort of look like your pants.

I had a DRZ with a yellow seat and it was constantly sort of denim colored.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stonk:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I’m for sure not ragging on CarPlay. I’m one of those installing an aftermarket CarPlay unit on my bike.

It’s just having a giant tablet as your one interface to the bike that weirds me out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Those of us around or over 40 are old enough to remember when the big Japanese manufacturers were known as “Jap Crap”. :chloe:

Let be better than the boomers, huh?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You have the automatic cam tensioner. The manual one will have a bolt and a locknut. 2005 might be where the factory tensioners got OK though, but I don’t remember for sure

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have owned two of them now and I will own a third. Each time before i was in a position where I needed to sell them (the first time for financial reasons, the second time because I needed a better commuter bike and I was in a tiny condo with a tiny garage) and I’m not selling the third, dammit! I regret doing that every time.

To each their own, no accounting for taste, etc, but the DRZ is one of my favorite bikes ever.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Settle down punchy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

We need to preserve the rapidly disappearing sound of the two stroke engine any way we can

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you insist :shobon:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There are precious few bikes I’d trust to be generally OK at 115k miles, and an old air cooled beemer is one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

That is a very cool bike