Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

So I've been riding my new bike for a few months. My first street bike, by the way. I kinda overshot the recommended engine size.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

It's 1203cc

But she rides like a dream, and is very forgiving. The power delivery is linear and predictable (and doesn't seem to end :awesome: ). Got it used with 814 miles on the odo, and have nearly doubled it. Previous owner (room mate) put on a K&N, Jardine cf slipon, and RACE ECM! I found this out after riding it for a month. He also dropped it twice, so no worries there. Overall I'm extremely pleased. Every time i see it I think "drat, that's one fine bike".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

With all the Buell lovin' I'm compelled to celebrate my new rear tire with some pics of my Firebolt up on stands.

And splayed for your viewing pleasure.

Disclaimer: Pictures are actually from a patch job a few months prior.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Red Rocket Lightning

Whats up Buell + Jardine buddy? I'm usually not a fan of overly loud bikes, but the PO put the pipe on mine, and I like it so much I just can't change it back.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

PyxlWyz posted:

My friend has an XB12s w/Jardine, and he bought a Jardine QMI (baffle), and it made a great improvement. Same sound, just less volume... I'd recommend you check it out.

I wondered if those were worth it. I never found anyone with first hand experience with one so I was wary of shelling out $40 for an aluminum ring.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Deeters posted:

2003 XB9R. Race ECM, and I'm probably putting the race muffler back on it since it doesn't quite run right without it. I'd say the $1000 I paid (on top of the money from the old Harleys my dad sold) was a good deal.

Welcome to the Buell club. Your bike has the upgraded seat and Corsa 3's, nice. The race ECM definitely need more breathing room than the stock pipe provides. Besides, the stock muffler is heavy as hell. How many miles does it have? I just passed 10k last week.

I remember reading about an issue with pre-04 belt drives, so this may be something to keep a look out for if yours hasn't been converted yet.

Read this for more info: http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/32777/112230.html?1115192732

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Cull posted:

Only issue I've had is that it likes to eat fuel pump fuses and I have yet to figure out why. Only happens when it's really hot out.

Don't know if this helps, but my Firebolt was blowing fan fuses like crazy. I traced wires looking for a short to no avail. Eventually my fan died altogether, and once i replaced it it never blew another fuze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Endless Mike posted:

If V-Rods had mid controls I'd be very interested in them. The C-Clamp position doesn't interest me, though.

The VRSCD Night Rod 06-08 had mid-controls with highway pegs. Note this is different from the VRSCDX Night Rod Special pictured above.