Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

2001 Ninja 500 that's getting put up on Craigslist soon, nice fun bike, but it's kind of redundant with the ZX-6 in the garage.

Said 02 ZX-6r, just put on Helibars and does that ever make a difference, next it's getting the seat redone so it doesn't keep trying to slide me forward and some bags. By then it should be a great SPORT-touring bike.

Oh my! Look what followed me home last night...

:haw:
08 KLR650 with 850 miles on it.
The PO put on the taller windshield with lettering, the Kawi accessory "gel" seat that lowered it about 1" and a Jardine race muffler and is it ever LOUD, open pipe Harley loud, I think I'm going to get the insert to mute it a bit.
I'd also like to do this to it, I don't think it'd look too bad and would be pretty darn functional without breaking the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

8ender posted:

Were there any lightweight ones made in eighties - early nineties? Those are all around my price range. I'm a little put off by how heavy they all seem.

You could try looking for a K75.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_K75

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Messed around with the forks and steering head trying to see why my wheel and handlebars don't line up since the wreck. Took the forks out and reversed them, it still crooked the same direction, that leaves the steering head, which I can't see anything wrong with, or maybe the bearings or a bent frame.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Persh posted:

The 05 FZ1 is my dads, and the 03 SV is mine.

The decades old garage door recently completely fell apart so we're making like tarzan with a tarp.

Love the windshield sticker on your dads bike.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Z3n posted:

Your triples are tweaked, most likely.

That's a good possibility, I'm waiting until the hardware store's open tomorrow to get some Stainless M6x22's to replace the ones with ground off heads holding the keylock in now so I can take it off and get a better look at it.

Edit
Aw crap, thought this was the What did you do to your ride today? thread.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Oh no, something followed me home today.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

NipplesTheCat posted:

how many pairs of girls pants do you think would fit in that? As a V-Strom owner, you need to be prepared for this.

I'll ask my date this weekend.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Slavvy posted:

I don't know much about those but I'm tentatively going to file it in the very sparsely populated 'not-lame parallel twin' category. Looks very sharp, like a v-strom without the lameness

I test rode one a couple of years ago and it just felt blah, went with the Strom 1k instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Any straight up sport touring bike like an FJR or Connie is going to be way more comfortable than a busa shoehorned into touring. Any Adv bike for that matter.