Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Here's me on my biek.
My second day at Jennings GP. I low-sided about 30 minutes before that shot. You have to crash in order to find out how fast you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I just bought the CBR600RR on the left on Friday, and a while ago I put that Leo Vince full system exhaust on my SV650S.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

jujube posted:

How would you review the Leo Vince? I'm tempted to buy one myself, a Leo Vince or a Laser Sport.

If you install a Power Commander III USB, the Leo Vince full system exhaust adds some obvious power. It comes with an optional baffle, and I keep it in for the reduced noise and improved torque.

Edit: but do I think it's worth $1300 to upgrade the exhaust/fuel injection? Probably not.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Just a little hosing

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Coydog posted:

That 701 cleans up nice! Missing my 690 on this beautiful southern day. Where are you going for your offroad fix?

I found a recreational area currently under construction, they haven't laid any grass down yet so it's fair game in my opinion. I only stuck around for 15 minutes or so to avoid any confrontation.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Coydog posted:

Doing the lords work. How did it do in the icy sludge? Good thing I'm sick, or I'd have tried my hand at riding (sliding) in it.

It wasn't bad at all, stopping was a bit hairy but I dragged a foot down just in case I lost all traction. I'd definitely go out in the snow again if I had to.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nooooo

It was sloped there, lifting that thing took some serious effort.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I should have gone though that puddle, that's what I get.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We do it with 2 bikes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm going to watch all of their videos. 5 times.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's surprising to me how universal slow speed skills are, and it makes me wish my first bike was a trials instead of street one.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm not sure if it's just the initial excitement of getting an enduro bike but I feel like I don't want my street bike any more.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm married with a kid, not going to go on long trips any more. Enduro riding is relatively slower than street riding so a crash is less likely to kill me.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Coydog posted:

You say that like you have forgotten he has a 701. I'd happily take that bike on a 500 mile trip, even slabbin it.

Without the knobbies...

My CBR is definitely smoother but the aggressive riding position doesn't help with comfort at all. If I were to get another street bike it'll be a sport touring one that's for sure.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Naked bikes at highway speeds are fine, you folks who complain must have really weak muscles in your necks.

Edit: I recommend you ride more or wear lighter helmets.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 13, 2017

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Decided to take a detour today, the mud was a lot deeper than I thought, had to do the paddle of shame to get out.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I got freaked out 'cause of a big rut, and slowed down so much that I got stuck, then I had to spend about 2 minutes wading through the mud while the rear wheel creeped along.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wouldn't have been able to walk through the mud, it was that sloppy.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Another even more efficient method is to avoid hitting actual mud on a 150kg bike with 50/50's but you gotta learn somehow.

I'm more of a trial by fire type of person, not afraid to try something that might be a little tricky but I don't feel that I have to buy a true enduro or MX bike to get myself muddy, maybe I will if I fall in love with dirt riding.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My plan is to get my wife to let me buy her and my daughter dirt bikes for family outings.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

builds character posted:

1. :hellyeah:
2.How old is your kid?

18 months. Wife seems on board now but who knows what her maternal instincts will do in a couple of years when I buy something for our daughter to actually ride.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The wife and I are really interested in getting our 18 month old a balance bike, thanks to you guys suggesting it, how does this one look? http://a.co/diClw0O

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

builds character posted:

Strider is the standard, but yeah, that one looks fine. I mean, assuming you're not going to get a real one. https://www.striderbikes.com/balance-bikes/12/sport-custom

Cool, thanks, I'll get the Husqvarna one!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Vahakyla posted:

I remember most from their mumble names. Sorry maaan, now I sound like a dick. Glad to have helped though, I miss those good times of flying a poo poo ton of sim.

I also miss playing sim with ya, glad to see you're on a bike now!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I ordered Warp 9 SM wheels and conti attack SM tires for my 701 E, can't wait to put them on!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I've put some new wheels on my 701!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Now THATS a bike.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If you disconnect the circuit in the motor there isn't an electrical field to resist the spinning magnets any more so it can spin away while coasting.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm still happy I switched to Supermoto wheels.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I just picked this up yesterday. I had to drive 7 hours to Orlando to get it but it's totally worth it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Steakandchips posted:

Beautiful. Absolutely fantastic.

Did you consider the Zero SR/F at all?

Thanks! I did consider the Zero SR/F but it's a newer bike so I wouldn't be able to get the price of a premium model much below MSRP like I did with this Ego being a 2018 demo model.
The things I like having over the SR/F are DC fast charging, 150 mph top speed, and it being a proper racing motorcycle.

Jazzzzz posted:

What's the motor whine like on these? The videos I've seen make it sound like a high-pitched REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, like you'd be riding around on a stage 5 autist

It sounds exactly like it does in the videos, it's coming from the straight-cut gears in the transmission, not the motor itself. I notice the sound a lot in the 30-45 mph range during heavy acceleration and deceleration, and the road & tire noise drown it out at higher speeds. A couple nights ago, I was slowing down at a light, and I heard what I thought was an ambulance siren but nope it's just my bike. I like the sound, I think it sounds mean.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

dema posted:

Bay Area AF.

There's tons of Zeros here in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Energica Ego owner in the whole state, though.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Razzled posted:

what happens if it breaks?

I already have Energica sending maintenance materials to a shop near me to keep up on the warranty. The bike I bought from Florida had a battery issue so they shipped me a loaner bike from California while they fixed it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Charging at 3kW for free at work.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My bike's in the shop and I'm sad.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Took my bike out to try out a new lid my buddies got me.

Scorion r1 air. It’s nice, it has very little wind noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My motorcycle weighs 621 lbs but it can go in reverse.