Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest
Here is an image with my current bike a 2007 FZ6 at my friends house. In the background, is my very first bike, a Ninja 500 that I had sold to my friend after a while.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

After that I found a BMW k1200rs at a salvage shop for $1800, All I could see was some damage to the valve cover, and some rashed fairings, I figured it was a good project for the price, Here was when I got the valve cover replaced, and some fairings on ebay ( The fairings turned out to be complete trash and were about 100% bondo on the inside )

The end result, I was able to put it together enough for it to run and take a quick trip around the block, but it was way too big for me, and there was still more work needed. I sold it off to help fund a bike closer matched to my size.

My bike after that was a VFR800. I loved that bike, unfortunately I made a really dumb car purchase and sold it to buy the new car I should have got in the first place :(

Magwai fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 16, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest
I recall a thread on another motorcycle forum where someone was complaining of the same issue.

Here is the thread: http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-mods/7112-galfer-galfer-responds.html

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

FBS posted:

what's "2D ank"?

2 dimensional Ankh? ☥

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

TheBacon posted:

I’m all out of reagents dang

Corp Por good sir!

edited for content: This is my bike that was sitting in the garage for way too long, finally got the urge to get it back on the road. Did a test ride, but still waiting for DMV Paperwork before I can really ride it.

Magwai fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 15, 2021

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

gileadexile posted:

Whelp, this is a drat disaster. I thought that having the open case was necessary, but nooooope. Nothing but windnoise and bullshit.

Here it is anyway, 26 minutes of constant wind noise. Oh well, I'll try better next time.

https://youtu.be/ZLGQjli9wrE

I have a video that's about the same on my hard drive. I was trying to do a separate mic, but apparently the adapter I had didn't work so I had wind noise audio and occasionally me talking to myself at stoplights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest
Picked this up last weekend, and got to sneak in a quick ride today. I was looking at R1150R's initially because I liked the looks of them, but this R1200R was listed for roughly the same price, though I did have to take a short trek to get it.

Also pictured, a random purple spray painted rock.

Not Pictured - The included Side Cases so I can dip my toes into dad-bikedom.