Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeyio
Mar 1, 2003

Click here for the full 700x468 image.

Just washed '05 Monster with new-ish tires. Looking to add another bike to the stable some point soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeyio
Mar 1, 2003

Zool posted:

Awesome! For those who don't recognize it, that is a Ducati MH900evoluzione. One of 2000 produced.

And yes, they sound just as awesome as they look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q21_fJqPCOA
Gorgeous bike RPM.

mikeyio
Mar 1, 2003

It's been a bit wet and windy out the past couple days, but it finally got nice enough for a long ride:

mikeyio
Mar 1, 2003

Nitrox posted:

How's the suspension travel in the rear? It looks just as low as my Shadow and that poo poo is awful. Was eyeing up the Scout as potential upgrade, but feel really conflicted now. And congrats, it's a gorgeous bike. Best color too.

Seems pretty good so far. The roads around here are pretty lovely, especially around bridges, but I haven't been thrown around too much. The bigger issue is the front. It's really soft. First thing I think I'll end up doing is firming it up.
And yep, silver smoke was my only choice. Best color.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Man I can't believe it but there's a cruiser I like the look of.

My thoughts exactly!

Z3n posted:

This thing is pretty sweet. How's it ride?

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. It's stupid fast and incredibly nimble. It's also very comfortable. I've been impressed with how easy it is to dip into corners and then subsequently pull out of them. I've never cared much for cruisers but reviews said "this is the cruiser for guys that don't like cruisers" which I think sums it up pretty well. I really thought I'd miss having a sport bike, but ~200 mi in and I haven't yet.

mikeyio
Mar 1, 2003

Nitramster posted:

Saw one of these in this same color today by chance, looked good. The guy riding it was wearing one of those skull caps with the Bane mouth thing. He was riding behind a car going like 35 on the 405 (busy freeway in California.) I shook my head as I split past him (legal in CA.)

I hope that wasn't you mikeyio.

Thankfully, it wasn't. Also I had no idea they made Bane mouth things. I can't say I'm surprised though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeyio
Mar 1, 2003

EX250 Type R posted:

I believe he is referring to:

Well that's one way to do it I suppose.