Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.
Dang, you guys have some gorgeous bikes.

Here's some crappy cameraphone shots of my rat-in-progress '84 XLH 1000 Sportster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

I just sold my baby :cry:

for way more than I probably should have been able to get :D

rip my #1 stunna

edit- the guy who bought it drove a mail van to pick it up. he bought it from a university auction. A MAIL VAN! it was the coolest ride ever.

Wow, that thing is radical.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

My '82 Sportster the day before its untimely demise on the 101 a couple weeks back *pours out some of his 40*

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Nice, my roommate's bike (in the background of the above pic) is a GS500 in an almost identical state; who runs Bartertown?

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

harm0nic posted:

My '02 SV650. A little rough around the edges (seat upholstery is torn up a bit, occasionally stubborn ignition, paint on the tail fairing is chipped), but goddammit, she's mine.

The price was a bit on the high side ($2200), but I had to have her the moment I saw her.

Radical, I love naked black SVs with the belly fairing. Definitely my purchase when my insurance pays me next week. Why does it seem that the market for SVs in the PNW is so overpriced? $2200 is on the low side of what people ask for wrecked, high-milage curvies, it's ridiculous.

E: although now that I check, there's a couple for pretty dang cheap to balance it out. Maybe the rain we've been having scared prices down to a more reasonable level.

himajinga fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 8, 2010

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

i just got my first k bike, and every time i push one of those turn buttons, or especially the turn cancel button, i think "why? why do this?"

My Sportster had turn signal controls like the BMWs, except that you had to hold them down for them to flash. It drove me crazy to have my right thumb occupied while having to manipulate the throttle in right-hand turns.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

p0stal b0b posted:

After much chopping, grinding, fabricating, priming & painting...

That is awesome.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Quite A Tool posted:

That thing rules, my buddy bought a teal GS500e a few years back and just went with it. He got an 80s as gently caress Teknic 2-piece suit and just rocked it that way for a while and people loved it. Once he decided he needed a change (and people had backed into it half a dozen times) he rattlecanned it flat black and went all Road Warrior on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

shimmy posted:

My riding buddy has a Buell X1 lightning.. drat thing ruined a great trip when its oil pump broke. He already got a lot of poo poo from some people for riding an american bike ("just wait till it breaks down!"), it didn't help that all these people happened to ride by when we were sitting at the side of the road.
He likes it a lot though! But it probably doesn't count anyway.

I liked my 82 Sportster well enough, even the fact that I frequently had to tune it WHILE I was riding it. The throttle tube would stick if you moved it toward the inside so I could stick it and adjust the mixture with my hand. Now that I have a modern bike I realize what a deathtrap that thing was. And what a dumbass I was for riding it as long as I did. Only after riding someone else's bike did I realize that my brakes hardly worked. The first time I rode my friends GS500 I nearly threw myself off of it since his brakes were properly tuned. I took my bike to the only harley shop by my house that wasn't a dealership to get it looked over and tuned up after I built it out of a box and when I got it back the front brake still barely worked but it was my first bike so I didn't know any better and was just giddy to be on the road. I think I miss it in concept, but my SV is a much nicer bike for my purposes. And I'm also not an overzealous dumbass anymore.

himajinga fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 30, 2011