Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003
...no more disruptive than Insight.
I worry that I'm looking in to a crystal ball seeing some of your collections..

Only two bikes at our house for the time being

Honda XL650V Transalp :rolleye:

Honda VTR250 that my better half gets around on

I'd like to think these bikes will get us by for quite a while yet, but I have been known to spend money needlessly on modes of transport.

the letter b fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 8, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003

predictive posted:

2008 Kawasaki Versys, my favorite bike so far:

drat they're gorgeous bikes. It would have been a serious consideration if it weren't illegal under the learner laws here as it's above the 150kw/tonne limit by a fairly long margin!

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003
Found some nice fast dirt and a couple of more challenging, rough bits out west near the you yangs on the weekend.

huplescat posted:

1 1/2 weeks until I go for my probationary license test too :D Can't wait to pull the L plate off.

It's amazing how much the habits of people change around you (or perhaps it's just perception?) when the L comes off.

For some reason 50% of people see an L as they should and give you space, be patient. The other half act like complete jerks and just ignore the thing (driving like a regular 'victorian' ;) ). I've found far less of those without it.

ESPECIALLY other motorcyclists. The number of times I've been 'buzzed' at high speed and VERY close by other motorcyclists on my learners is atrocious. Unfortunately they're the minority that spoil the experience for a whole lot of people (and subsequently give the mode of transport a bad name).

Good luck on your test - it's a piece of cake!

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

First orders of business: get rid of the awful graphics and rear fender. It's definitely a VERY different bike than the SV. Even the low-end didn't seem much better, but it feels a lot lighter, and just feels more confidence-inspiring, if that makes any sense. The riding position is also a bit more comfortable since I can sit way back in the seat.

Good work. It's a looker when the fender is gone, did the same thing on day one of owning mine.

I've also got some replacement graphics on the way, but now I'm thinking about getting a larger tank the graphics up front won't be the right size.

Enjoy the tickets!

the letter b fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 4, 2009

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

really? You don't like this?

A buddy of mine just bought one in black, and I must say that:

1. In person, I find them to be quite attractive in black
2. I think suzuki chose the wrong colour scheme for their marketing collateral

Also they're a really nice bike to ride - smooth, comfortable, sure footed - a great learner's bike. Although that's probably not unexpected since it's more or less the SV.

The white and blue is absolutely awful, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003

huplescat posted:

So what about Melbourne riders? There must be one or 2 around and I'm always looking for more fun people to ride with, especially since my regular riding buddy broke his collar bone.

Myself and my better half ride, and live in Melbourne. Further to that, a buddy of mine just got on board his first bike, too!

We're a bit of a strange bunch with the following bikes between us:

1. VTR250
2. Gladius
3. Transalp
4. DRZ400 SM
5. Virago 250 :3: