Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
My first bike, a 1989 Yamaha Radian 600:

45 HP new, a whole lot less when it aged. I put 10 or 15 thousand miles on it, loved the sound, hated the 130 miles until you walk fuel tank.

(Basket case '89 Katana 600 will not be mentioned :( )

My current bike, an '04 Honda 599 (called the Hornet everywhere but North America):

I bought it with 391 miles on it. It's my touring mule and TWISEEZE ATTAKER with 21,000 miles nowadays.

Pikes motherfuckin' Peak:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

Simkin posted:

Is it wrong that I think the headlight setup on that looks like complete rear end? The rest looks great, but those headlights look like some hackjob aftermarket kit that you see people throwing onto ratty old flat black painted "streetfighter" rebuilt sportbikes.

Nope, you're not wrong. All I can see in every picture is HEADLIGHTS.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
I do it with three (again).

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

is that the one you crashed? what all needed to be done with it? did you get a heavier girlfriend this time so your sidecar won't tip over?

Same tub, new bike. I'll be posting more info in the three wheel megathread.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

freebooter posted:

Here's me on my first ever bike, feeling really :smug:

It's a Minsk, an old Soviet two-stroke... riding up to Hanoi ...

The gears constantly stick (I had to ride 20 k's into Mui Ne stuck in second), there is literally no front suspension, the steering column is shaking loose and the brakes are very weak.... snapped off my (single) wing mirror and the clutch, and bent the handlebars and gear lever. Got a new clutch fitted by a drunken Vietnamese redneck ...

I love my life right now.

Spot on, mate. You rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
That bike is gorgeous.