Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
ex-Vroom

Vroooooom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You have no idea how insanely jealous I, living in southern England, am of anyone who actually has access to proper scenery. I mean there are some pretty areas not far from London, but nothing on that kind of scale short of the Alps. Like *maaaybe* the Scottish Highlands or wilder bits of the Lake District could at least be compared to that sort of thing but it wouldn't be a favourable comparison.

Box Hill, Dover, Camber sands, Dungeness... No wait they're all poo poo. You just have to go for the different sort of pretty. Lots of nice places for snaps between city and coast.

I have lots of scenic shot opportunities within a few hours tops, all I had to do was move to the other side of the world to get them.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Those are great bikes, just glad you're doing something about the incredibly wooden front brakes. Compared to anything in the last (almost) 20 years they have no feel, no bite, no anything.

Have fun!

Edit: no I was thinking of the earlier models, but still same same. Good brakes are nice.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
That is the correct way to DRZ.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
First glamour shot in nearly 4 years of ownership. Probably the second time I've ridden for pleasure in that time too.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
The full yoshi system sounds so obnoxious but so good :)

Apart from that (done by the PO) and the zeta handguards the bike is completely stock. All I've done with it for the last 4 years is put in petrol and oil. Young family makes for a serious lack of fun riding time. All commuting makes Homer a something something :(

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

Topbox chat: I keep thinking I should try to build a more permanent version of the largest box I've ever hauled:

Never managed anything quite that big but I did used to take my full tower PC to gaming LAN's back in the day. Racks are the best.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Martytoof posted:

How much of your computer internals did you have to re-assemble upon arrival? :monocle:

None - you lay it motherboard side down so all the expansion cards are upright and well screwed in. This of course was circa 2006 when things like this actually mattered, now I'm sure you could do the same but in a much smaller form factor and actually just fit it in a top box... if LAN's are even a thing?

Better content, the brief time I owned more than one bike (and more luggage comedy, done the cheap way with just a rack and soft bags)

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Is that an AOpen case?

Sorry, honestly couldn't tell you. That pic was taken ~15 years ago, and I had the case quite a while before that. It was pretty cheap as full towers go, so probably not a good known brand name.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Did someone say off-road? New to me DRZ out with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
Is that an original hypermotard with the bar end mirrors/indicators?

More pics of that if you can please.