Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
My old bike. 1978 XL250s I still ride it but only in the winter.

The newest bike in my family's stable. 1983 CM250.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helno
Jun 19, 2003

I just bought a house and my father just bought a brand new motorcycle.
As a housewarming gift he gave me his old bike a 73 CB750

First thing to change is to get rid of that little windscreen and to fix the broken triple clamp he noticed after taking it for one last ride.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

The weather was above zero for the first time in a while. Those dirty brown lumps in the background are ice volcanos on lake Huron.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

MetaJew posted:

What's an ice volcano?

So on the great lakes which are basically freshwater seas you can get some pretty heavy wave action. These lakes rarely freeze over but usually the shore has ice. The waves coming off the lake hit that ice and build pressure under the ice sheet that forces water up through any cracks.

Over time that ice cold water and slush builds up and you end up with a cone like a volcano. And if it is wavy it looks like it is erupting.

Side note they are loving dangerous because if you fall in good luck getting out.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

brokenknee posted:

Nice bike otherwise!

Thanks

Coydog posted:

How big do these things get that you could fall in? Totally terrifying either way.

They can get really large if the conditions are right. The big ones this year are 10-15 feet tall. The killer part is the fall into the ice cold water.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

I might be able to empty out a shed that has a very diverse pair of bikes in it.

A 1960's Honda S90 and also a Goldwing from the era where they were naked bikes.

The S90 is in pieces but has the original engine as well as a brand new Piranaha 140.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

Did a bit of exploring. The C70 on pizza cutter street tires had no trouble on the rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helno
Jun 19, 2003

Hit a major milestone on the little Honda Trail 90.

Takes a while to hit 10k when you average 40 mph.