Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
2000 Honda Magna, has 23k miles now and still running strong but one of the carbs is starting to spit :|

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I decided to shine the bike up a bit this morning since I got up at 7 AM for no reason

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I decided it was time for a slight upgrade (The oil is from a car that comes over from time to time, ruining my driveway :()

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 29, 2009

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

I decided it was time for a slight upgrade (The oil is from a car that comes over from time to time, ruining my driveway :()

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I'm not even much of a loud pipes type of guy, but whenever I see big cans with tiny little outlets like that I shed a tear.

Nice lookin' bike(s) though! Details? The rear on that Victory makes the Magna look like a child's toy.

Bucephalus posted:

That's gotta be, what, a 220-section tire?

Sorry about the late response, I completely forgot I had posted in this thread.

The rear tire is a 250/40 R18. It rides surprisingly well even though I end up dragging the pegs a bit earlier than with the Magna. You really have to push against it to lean into corners, but it grips really well. The stability in straight lines is great, though :) The engine acts completely different than the higher-revving V4 and gives good power with really low RPMs, which the Magna had a lot of trouble with. This bike feels like a lateral move in terms of speed, but I was willing to deal with that due to the much better long-term rideability. The Magna always made my knees hurt so bad after just a couple hours of riding. This bike is great for me, but it's definitely not everyone's best pick. I knew I wanted another muscle-cruiser style bike, but I didn't feel brave enough for a VMAX.

edit: Yes, most would probably scoff about the pipes, but it's really nice being able to hear other things around me a little better. I'll ride the Magna if I want to make cool noises in town :cool:

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 7, 2009

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lupus! Get your lupus hee ahh!

There appeared to be some fun curves on the trip there, but there also seemed to be a lot of bicyclists that loved riding three wide on 55 MPH roads...

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 13, 2013

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was really upset to find that the Ford Transit Connect was just a tad too small to transport bikes. I mean, people can do it, but the front wheel is in between the two front seats. I was really thinking about getting one to haul bikes until I saw one at a show a few years ago and a scooter barely fit in the back.

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/gallery/image/226-transit-connect-021jpg/

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Where's the cupholder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I miss my Magna so drat much, but I really didn't want to do the valve adjustments on it so I'm okay with letting it go.

I loved being at a stoplight next to an 883 or something and they'd look down on it until it braaappped into the distance