Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma
The remains of my great grandfathers' bike.

And, the stuck engine that I may attempt to break loose, doubtful though.

Last but not least, the donor bike.

Yes, I know. The donor bike is by far in better shape than the engine-less one. However, the donor bike doesn't have a title and did not have the significant appeal of being my late great grandfathers' machine (who I never met, as he died 6 months before I was born). Obviously, this bike has a lot of emotion tied to it for a few people in the family, so a full restoration will be in order, with a few tweaks.

I just picked these up, if anyone remembers me mentioning them in the MMM. Expect a rather lengthy project thread when I eventually do finish it, but for now I'm just focusing on getting the one running out of the two. Also, I was off on the age in the MMM. The one I'm fixing is a '72 CL350 (or at least made 1/72), the donor bike is a '69.

I must say though, it felt amazing sitting on his bike, running or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU