Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Stormangel posted:

So I've been riding my new bike for a few months. My first street bike, by the way. I kinda overshot the recommended engine size.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

It's 1203cc

But she rides like a dream, and is very forgiving. The power delivery is linear and predictable (and doesn't seem to end :awesome: ). Got it used with 814 miles on the odo, and have nearly doubled it. Previous owner (room mate) put on a K&N, Jardine cf slipon, and RACE ECM! I found this out after riding it for a month. He also dropped it twice, so no worries there. Overall I'm extremely pleased. Every time i see it I think "drat, that's one fine bike".

I Love the loving Buell xb12r's. They make a 900cc version too (except this year). I know when I upgrade from my SecaII, that's what I'm looking to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

FunkyJunk posted:

Make sure your bro had the battery disconnected for a few minutes after the new pipes were installed. Apparently, the ECU will re-calibrate based on the new pipes and the bike will run smoother than if he just swapped them and started it up. My wife has an FZ6 and this was the case with hers. She bought it with Leo Vince pipes on it, but it was running a little rough. I found out about the battery trick and it ran MUCH better afterward.

For an upgrade to my current 96 Seca II, I'm debating an FZR, an EN-6r, or a Ninja Zx6r. Anyone have a preference and why?

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Z3n posted:

There's a new FZR coming out. Or maybe he was refering to the FZ6?

Yeah I was referring to the FZ6, but wha-wha-wha?! New FZR? I love the way the original 89-93's looked. Anyone know of any pics or info?

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
I lane split in L.A. on the regular. Most cars/people are cool with it. Highways or on the city streets. If you go at a pace your comfortable with it's all gravy. And way way way faster than a cage.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Smirk posted:

So hey, I have a new bike. 2008 Honda CB600F Hornet, 3333km on the clock (2071 miles) and mint condition. It has triple the power of my previous bike, and gets mighty exciting past 6000rpm. I'm also delighted that it has a fuel gauge and clock on the dash. I guess I'm easily impressed.

Is this sold in the US?

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

really? You don't like this?

You do?

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

needknees posted:

The first word that comes to mind when I think of the Hayabusa isn't "fast" or "quick" or "powerful"... it's bulbous :v:

For me it's "No clue how to corner. Heavy wrist. Likes gangster rap music."

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
This is the closest I can find to a Stormtrooper helmet. Simpson Diamondback

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

1979 XS400 project

1996 XJ600 Seca II daily rider

Hehe. I'm Café-ing my Seca II as we speak. Exact same model, color, year, everything as yours.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
Congrats! There's something magical about your first bike.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Spiffness posted:

ain't nothin but a gangsta party.

Took the supermotos outside for a breath of fresh air. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first SM track day of the year.

Care to donate one of them to me? I'm a non-profit organization.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

AncientTV posted:

You're probably just broken.

I'd have to agree. Any girl who rides get's at least 2 points on the hotness curve. (IE, a 6 will jump to an 8)

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Z3n posted:

I don't know, but supposedly he's +2 on the attractiveness scale for riding a motorcycle!

I don't know how well my point system translates to girls / gay men. All I can give you is the straight male angle on it.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Sir.Tucker posted:

The only real picture I have right now, I'll take a new one tomorrow.

This is while I was cleaning it this past weekend and trying to dampen some of the vibrations from the body pieces.

1992 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II.

Most of the vibe you're going to be getting on a Seca II is on the windshield and the front fairing. If you can get those round rubber / foam discs at a home improvement store and thread the screws through them, that should take care of that vibe. Or you can strip her down naked like I did mine and no vibe ever.

Seriously tho, I know how bad the vibe is. Back when I had my bike faired, it would shake out screws on the regular.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Sir.Tucker posted:

Mmmmmm. I could stare at her all day.

Great looking XJ!

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
Just finished a seven month resto-mod on my '96 Yamaha XJ600.

EDIT - teaser pic:

ari.gato fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 18, 2011

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
I used the Acewell 2800 series for the Speedo/Tach.

For the headlight and brackets, I used an Aztec8 7" Headlight and brackets.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

It was a beautiful night in Milwaukee last night. I took the Bandit out and brought my camera equipment along.

I paid $3 to get into this parking garage for the express purpose of taking pictures, so I'll be damned if I'm not getting my moneys worth.

SHEXSHI.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Sir.Tucker posted:

Nicely Done.

Here's my Seca2:

Very cool. I like it. Looks pretty aggressive too. No speedo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

echomadman posted:

they make nice small round ones aswell

What kind of mount is that for the round acewell?