Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

tokin posted:

02 sv650 gay

That really rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I started on a messed up 2000 EX250 trying to teach myself how to ride a motorcycle by myself with no training whatsoever in the middle of LA. Surprisingly never crashed it in the year I owned it. I also had no trouble at all on the freeway with it the entire time I was in LA so anyone who thinks they don't have enough power for any highway has no business being on a bike in the first place.

Impulse bought a 2006 R6s after that and it remains to be the best impulse purchase I've ever made that I SHOULD regret seeing as how much debt it put on me. This one I have crashed because I'm an idiot who thought he could keep up and couldn't D=

And this is the poo poo I had to deal with in college because all of my roommates were pussy faggots who wanted scooters instead of motorcycles so I had to ride alone until I met some grizzled dudes from work to ride with.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Morphix posted:

Met some new friends for lunch downtown.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Nice! You get twin racing stripes down your bedspread this time?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The government still allows me to vote with the 3/5ths brain capacity I still have after my first accident on my Ultraglide.

gently caress you pinko terrorists.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Does it really rev to 19K? It seems with that redline that the power curve would look like an asymptote (until 30hp or whatever). Does it bog down at like 7k?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

That has a fantastic running tone and then what a godawful idle tone. poo poo that thing looks like fun.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

That was how my ex250's ignition worked. Key never fell out but goddamn it had the teeth of an 80yo babuschka similar to my 1990 toyota camry key which I could start two of my friends high school camrys with and vice versa.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Is there no way to get a legal I-4 250 or 400 into the states? The only way I can imagine is that in Kitsap county in WA and I imagine other counties that emisssions are never checked, that they only care about make and displacement.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Simkin posted:

GriszledMelkaba: Move to Canada, and share in the glory that is a rolling 15yr exemption on importing any vehicle.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. I guess I'll just have to settle for my overpowered american darwin award bikes.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ok so where is the shot of the cop with you all pulled over. There is no way that many motards got together and didn't cause trouble

Why on earth would you all pull over? It takes four cruisers to write four tickets.

The Husky rider best run, I'm pretty sure the use of slicks is frowned upon.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Got home from work and my little man wouldn't shut the gently caress up until I let him explore the garage

my Apurrlia

GriszledMelkaba fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 14, 2015

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Oh dang I want that sticker

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The worst thing about motorcycling is other motorcyclists

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

You're the other motorcyclist

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

-A n i m 8- posted:

East Seattle.

What the gently caress is east Seattle

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

well yeah, and don't

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

nullscan posted:

I did this with the 10 my third week. Somehow my keychain got wedged in weird amongst the cables and as I was taking a hard right out of my inclined drive way it clicked the ignition off. Luckily I was able to slowly let it down and didn't rash anything up but drat I felt stupid.

Dude what the gently caress

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

did you put a bike on a front stand only without a rear stand?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I think it's ok to tell people not to force a passion on themselves. Motorcycling seems like something some people force themselves to keep wanting to do because they'd be seen as a pussy if they didn't like it. It's ok to not like something. live and do nothing forever and ever amen.

I don't like dan in that video

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Fanelien posted:

Not a gopro, but a sena 10c so a helmet cam.

Lol if you bought a 10c then you're a goober so you'll be fine on that bike

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

so does that thing just easily power wheelie with barely any throttle in 3rd? How do you not unicycle around with that much power paired with that geometry?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

700 hours on a dirtbike, albeit a 525, seems like a lot of hours on a dirtbike. When do you really need to worry about bottom ends? The factory recommendations seem dumb as hell and for nerds.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

That's tight but dog, are you wearing no chest or back protection at all? With all those handlebars to catch on?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

And no eye protection.

Oh yeah that too. Goodness gracious by my starters and gaskets

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

captainOrbital posted:

My little FZ, stripped of all that useless stuff like meres and turn signals

I really really want to make a dedicated track bike out of an fz09. The one I got to ride on track was phenomenal except for the binary throttle that had me bucking mid corner trying to crack it on. I'd get more tire life and confidence in carrying corner speed than the 1290 superduke I have now (a new 200 rear pirelli sc1 is like 75% worn after one track day =( ). Did you get the fueling/throttle map re-done?

right arm posted:

I may never escape... 😪😪

made it to bowl and pitcher today! st. helens was beautiful as was rainier

is NFD 25 or whatever between Mt. Rainier and Mt St Helens open? we tried riding it last year around this time and it was under severe construction.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

drat shorty, you like the forks on the low low?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Not joking here: how do you get adrenaline going on a bike, and why would you want to? The only times I've felt adrenaline pumping on a bike is when I've been making GBS threads myself on gravel, in storms etc. In general when I ride I experience a sensation of calm serenity, where the endless gibbering screaming in my head goes silent, all my scattered jumbled thoughts straighten out into a neat single file, and the faster and more zoned in I get the more calm I become. Super fast bikes are just frustrating in this respect because it's basically impossible to get the bike in it's happy operating window, and by extension me, on public roads, so I just ride around the whole time feeling like I want to sneeze but can't quite manage it.

I've always maintained that riding fast and well is calm and makes things feel like they're going really slowly, and if you're feeling adrenaline you're doing it wrong and riding way beyond your skill level, and that people who talk about adrenaline on bikes are generally just tryhard fuckheads who don't know how to ride. But now I'm having serious doubts. Am I (even more than I thought) a weirdo?

you should get a dirt bike and go trail riding

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

buy mine

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

remember doing a beer run with a passenger on a drz and figured we needed to get 2 30can pbr boxes instead of one to keep proper balance as the passenger held a case in each hand off the side.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

lol ur guys bikes work no problem? suckers

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

FBS posted:

:swoon:

that frame is the sexiest part ever bolted on to a motorcycle

you're almost correct

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

huh. look at that loving thing

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Toe Rag posted:

:wth: That's brutal. Which group? I saw this yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoWdRxET3dU

Keep your eye on the guy in front of me, on the top-right quarter of the screen. It's hard to tell from video, but that chicane is super tight, and blind too boot. I think the guy just came in way too hot, stoppied, and went over. That's pretty much the worst place to crash, because there's no real corner worker (you can hardly see that corner station while coming in), and no one can see you either. They red-flagged the session, and I'm assuming by how he was holding his wrist and rolling around he broke it or had a bad sprain.

the full 5 mile Thill track day looks so much fun, do they run two 30-minute sessions instead of three 20's?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

MetaJew posted:

I wanna do more track days

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Best bang for the buck is 17's on the bike you already have, instead of spending a couple grand over what you pay for a RC390 to make it fun on track, which you also have to pay for

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I shopped for DR650s because of all the braying in here. they're so boring. so so boring.

(I got a 690 enduro)

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I'm a ktm apologist only because I've pre-replaced as many ktm failure-prone items as I can (and after owning a 701sm, 1290 SD, 300exc, and FC350 I'm full on habsburg syndromed at this point)

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I just think they're neat!

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

More horsepower generally. I just want 50+ I don't want 30+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Yamaha is the greeble king