Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Simkin posted:

The last bike that's (for the moment) cluttering up making my driveway the mecca of awesome:

It's a 1985 Honda VF500F - the babyceptor :blush: I conned one friend into picking it up as a project for me, fixed the gimpy petcock, and am now selling it on to another friend, where it will serve as his first bike. It's ridiculously over-complicated, with fun things like fuel pumps, pneumatic suspension, hydraulic clutch, anti-dive front suspension, and so on. However, it does look pretty cool, and only the 500 has the sweet whale tail rear end - the 700/750 just has the usual 80s design of a squared off rear tail section.

These bikes are so awesome and if they weren't ridiculously over-complicated I would have kept mine.

:smith:

I've been without a bike for too long, but after I move my next bike will be one of those DRZ-400SM's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

My '07 SV650A with her fat, ugly friend.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Well, one tricky load-out of a U-haul Cargo Van and one pissed off wife (who very awesomely helped me with said tricky load-out even though she is very small) later…

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

EX500 BROS

My fourth bike, and a bit of a step down from my last one (07 SV650A) but still a bunch of fun. Purchased barely running and super cheap. Needs tires, and I wish it had ABS, but I'll probably end up getting an ABS Versys in a year or so and make this my track bike or wife bike.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

It's an old Corbin that came with the bike, and it's ridiculously comfy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

rain, cherry blossom petals, and an old 500R