Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Wow, two blue and orange 250s in the thread so far. I put bought one new and put almost 10k miles on it. I miss it now, and regret selling it. :(

2002 GSXR 1000

Bought from a former classmate / co-worker who let his cousin beat the poo poo out of it. Came with a Barnett clutch and D&D exhaust can with no baffles. The engine was bored from 988cc stock to 1020cc from what I can tell.

I've since put a Yoshi RS-3 can on, Power Commander III, went down 1 tooth on the front sprocket, and just got new gloss black plastics for it today.

This thing is too god drat fast for anyone to ride. I will die upon it. But I'll have a big smile on my face when I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

After lots of work and some money spent on painting, here she is:

This was her before:
http://www.neuralspark.net/~tip/pics/gsxr1k/canon-hires/index-Images/0.jpg

What was done:
- Replaced the exhaust can
- Re-tapped the stripped oil pan
- Flushed the oil and engine coolant
- Flushed and re-pressurized both front and back brake systems
- Replaced the broken rear brake pedal
- Replaced the sparks
- Replaced the air filter
- Added a Power Commander III
- Replaced the hacked up stock midpipe
- Replaced the rear view mirrors

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 22, 2008

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Z3n posted:

He was refering to the :argh: that you usually get when you a squid dumps a 600 for a 750/1000 because the 600 is "too slow".

THEYVE GONE TO PLAID!

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Purchased this past Saturday. '08 848 with deleted air box, flashed ECU, and Termi pipes.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Dellikose posted:

The first time I heard a set of termis I was surprised how loud they were...but god drat do they sound good.

Congrats, awesome bike

I was surprised as well. I don't know if I want them THAT loud just because of the attention they draw, but I can't very well get rid of them so I'm stuck.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

"Delete" is the wrong term, that's my bad. Apparently there's some mod that involves drilling out parts of the air box for "more airflow bruh". I haven't investigated personally yet.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Welp. Added another to stable. Bought it off my father who finds it too top-heavy to muscle around any more.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Moving to CA has made me appreciate the fact that TN's gas tax went straight into the road fund and not into the state's general fund.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

And don't forget the 80's font.

Barber Motorsports Park is heaven :fap:

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Infinotize posted:

When I was in CA filling up a bike for the first time I think I actually swapped pumps twice thinking they were broken before I realized what was going on :(

Same :(

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Got the tank and fender back from paint! 2014 RnineT, passenger subframe removed, Ohlins front and rear, Yoshi can, Sargent seat, ECU mapped

More of the same:
https://imgur.com/a/Fahjpci

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Russian Bear posted:

That looks well sorted. Love the little leather pouch.

All the way from Italy! Holds my insurance card and reg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Roland Sands made some replacement valve covers that are black aluminum with machined highlights, but they don't seem to be in stock anywhere. Ebay has 'em for $1200, and I don't know if I want them that much.

EDIT:

:homebrew: I bought a '17 Monster 1200 today. Pics soon.

NeuralSpark fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 20, 2021