Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

She's pretty slow so she won't get me into trouble. But drat if she isn't easy on the eyes!

It's a Riaju if anyone was wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

pictures

Jesus is that ever so sexy. I know some people that hate flashy paint jobs but that has to be the most sex on wheels I've ever seen. Not to mention 750 ccs? Right in between fast and insane. I love it. Was 07 when they started that exact body style? I know they all look relatively the same. How would it be as a dd and how is the comfort?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

As far as daily driving, its not too shabby. Has plenty of grunt down low for around town driving, but the bike still does get pretty hot pretty quick. Comfort... well, I did make it to TN in one shot, and I usually do some long (~5 hour) riding days, but my best suggestion is to see if you can get to sit on one at a dealer or even take a test drive (assuming this wont be your first bike). Everyone judges comfort differently. PM me if you have any more questions :)

It would be my second bike. I was looking at an earlier model gixxer. I've heart both good and bad about them. I know they're kind of a staple in the sports bike world. I was also looking at the Ninja 650r, r6, and SV650 I think I'm willing to spend around $5,000 tops, including riding equipment. So about $4,000 on the bike?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Excuse the poor pictures. I'm just a bit excited to post. I'll take more when there's light out.

1993 Ninja ZX-6. 7,500 miles, $1,000, questionable paint scheme.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smirk posted:

Oh, there's no question about it - that paint scheme is :krad:

Hah, at first I was like. "Oh man, purple? Nothin' wrong with a little 80s flare!"

But it is really purple and pink. But I don't mind because it's a sweet bike and the paint scheme is rad.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh California. Lane splitting and year round riding? Yes please. What you can't see is the bitchin' sunset. Or the neon purple and pink paint job. drat cell phone cameras.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hedgiejugglr posted:

Not that lane splitting is legal here in Oregon, but the mere idea of it is rather frightening. There is too great a chance someone won't see you and change lanes into you or catching a review mirror to the face.

I only do it at stop lights and such when I want to get to the front. It's not like I'm going 80 on the freeway cutting through lanes full of cars. (Although some people do)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Between riding in Spain and California I always just assumed lane splitting was a thing motorcycles could do. It was only until I recently started riding that I found out a big plus of California was that you could lane split. I'd get so frustrated sitting in traffic at a busy intersection. Hell, I'm not even sure if riding would be worth it in metropolitan areas.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Not to mention front row parking at the college and lane splitting through all the bs there during crunch time. Can we just start a thread on lane splitting?

I know cops can do what they want. But when they're just normally cruising in other states do they lane split on the highway and such? It's the norm here to see a bike cop lane splitting at 75 in the car pool lane.

Also, how much of a violation is it in other states? Can you still do it here and there and be alright? Or is it a moving violation? People don't do it at all?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 21, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Here it is guys. I know how much you all love "Gixxers"

2001 GSXR 750. 73xx miles. I believe it's fuel injected and 01 was the first year of them. I've been whoring craigslist the past couple days and saw this ad pop up.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/1039449724.html (Probably deleted now)

It was 3 crappy cell phone pics and about a sentence of a description. I emailed him and eventually got his number and it turns out he's in Compton. I was a bit skeptical at first but he sounded fairly legit and such. He's the second owner from what I know. I looked the bike over as thorough as a I knew how. Checked the VINS, title, etc. He wanted $3,800 but I originally shot him some questions and a low ball of $2,800. He said he'd take $3,000 if I came by today and that a couple other people might be checking it out. Got money from the bank in the day, gave my friend a call, and shot over right after class.

About the most intense body damage. It bugs me quite a bit, though.

Aftermarket carbon fiber piece for I don't know? I guess the pegs are, too.

Frame sliders? Awesome. I wanted some anyways.

Aftermarket rear exit exhaust. It's loud. At least compared to my stock Ninja. I quite like it.

LED Brakelights. Also not OEM? It has no rear turn signals as well. I'm not sure if they were just taken off?

Couple things. He said the guy he bought it from had a power commander installed. He never confirmed it and wasn't sure. Not going to lie. The thing has probably seen a little abuse. But it feels pretty solid and is at least straight. (From what I know). The only thing is that the clutch engages very late. At least compared to my Ninja. Obviously this can probably be adjusted but is it a normal thing?

Probably going to need a rear tire. Also a rear seat as well. He did an oil change a couple hundred miles ago. Aside from that I'm not sure if anything else has been done. What should I be looking into doing?

Suffice to say. Holy crap! I cruised home at a cool 60 mph. I'll definitely be taking it slow for a long while. Not to mention the insanely aggressive riding position. It's quite wild compared to my tame boat of a Ninja. I feel like I'm hanging over the front tire.

-edit - After looking at some pictures I am missing rear turn signals. I'll try to source some.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 19, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah, it probably just looks a bit funny because Im revvin' the drat thing while slowly creeping away and trying to figure out if I'm still in neutral or not.

I figured the license plate was aftermarket. But I guess the brake lights/turn signals are all one unit. So it's either one or the other. Probably won't fit with the exhaust, either.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 19, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Z3n posted:

Oh christ you bought it. :xd:

Well, you got a screaming deal. Be careful on it, as it will fly if you want it to or not...:)

That exhaust/tail setup is pretty sweet. Just get some L brackets and some aftermarket turn signals and put them off the license plate.

Those are Sato rearsets, which are quite expensive. Very nice.

I know, I know...

Yeah, the other one I was looking at was the 00 with 30k miles. But this one was just about the same price and quite a better deal. I never thought about aftermarket turn signals. I'll have to see if the wiring is all butched up or not.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pictures. I know it's a bit ricer/squidish but I got some blue rim tape. Hey, it was cheap.

I wasn't sure how it'd look on white wheels. I think it looks alright. They're reflective to boot. Which is never a bad thing at night.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MourningGlory posted:

I just bought some, but I've convinced myself I'm going to screw up the install. Are there any secrets to putting this stuff on properly?

Is it curved? I took off one piece and it was quite a pain to get off to be honest. Came off in little chunks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Although the DRZ hasn't changed much they sure are upping the aesthetics

:^)

just picked it up. Got the itis and just can't shake super motos or motorcycles in general for prolonged periods

Need to do something about that tail. Trying to stay legal. Wheels come factory anotized blue like the color on the plastics (looks purple though). Axle sliders are also factory these days.

And wow, a stock exhaust that doesn't look like complete poo poo!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 24, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Please don't import gang drama ITT

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Super Moto or no moto

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

heh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Razzled posted:

Haha did you get a powder coated rack in WHITE???

You rebel, you

Not gonna divulge what I paid

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Need to chop that tail, yikes

:dogge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think that's the first duke I've seen on a public road ever