Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Current bike, 2004 R1:

I also have a Yamaha YZF600R and '06 Yamaha FZ6 but no photos to show.

Past bikes include '92 Yamaha Seca II (sold), '81 Yamaha YSR50 (sold), '82 Kawasaki 454LTD (sold), '98 Honda VTR1000F (sold), '01 Suzuki SV650N (sold)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

iamthexander posted:

I think I may have an account there, but I never post. Generally this is the only automotive forum I post in. Is that forum worth it?

I have a YZF600R too. With the Sargent reworked seat and gel grips, it makes the perfect sport-tourer IMO. Looking for a cheap stock exhaust for it though, as the Micron I have on there now is a little loud for the longer trips.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

FireTora posted:

My first bike, a 1994 Yamaha Seca II. Got it just over a month ago. It is quite fun.

I had a faded red '92 as my first bike. Ahh memories.

I notice it's got the standard Seca II cheek rash. Mine had it and almost every Seca II I've ever seen has had it. :)

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

TurboLuvah posted:

My brother just got his bike back from being repaired after some shithead plowed into him. He decided to replace the factory exhaust with this:

It is absolutely absurd/amazing sounding. The highway runs behind our apartment, and I can literally hear him coming from MILES away. He said he had no idea it was going to be this loud, and probably wouldn't have done it if he knew...but oh well :) Power down is also up, so much that it feels like an entirely new bike. I guess the combination of new plugs and the exhaust really woke it up. And he's gone for the weekend too, which means I get to ride to my heart's content.

Riding to work this morning it was 40* out and I was so cold, but so happy.

Make sure your bro had the battery disconnected for a few minutes after the new pipes were installed. Apparently, the ECU will re-calibrate based on the new pipes and the bike will run smoother than if he just swapped them and started it up. My wife has an FZ6 and this was the case with hers. She bought it with Leo Vince pipes on it, but it was running a little rough. I found out about the battery trick and it ran MUCH better afterward.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

ari.gato posted:

For an upgrade to my current 96 Seca II, I'm debating an FZR, an EN-6r, or a Ninja Zx6r. Anyone have a preference and why?

I've always found the FZR to be a bit primitive. I'd say reduce your choices to the EN-6r or ZX6r. They're different enough that the final decision should lie in what you want to do with them. The EN will be a better "do it all" bike and will be more comfortable, while the ZX6R will be a better sportbike, probably with better suspension, brakes, etc.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

civilian.d posted:

I'm pretty broke so I'm gonna try and do some hackin' on the fender instead of buying a fender elim. kit.

The SV650 of that generation had a longer mudguard/fender than the SV650S of the same years. If the longer mudguard bothers you but you want SOME protection from mud/debris flinging up your back, try finding an older SV650S mudguard on eBay. That way, you get a good quality finish (no hackjob like you might get doing it yourself), complete with license plate light and good turn signal mounts (unlike a fender eliminator).

Then again if you want it really short, hack away.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

It looks like it's ready to blitz the Sudetenland at any second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

quote/=edit