Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If you want to impress me math, show this:

Given the format ABC123 and Californian morals, how many combinations within the sequence will be deleted due to perceived obscenities?

(brute force list not allowed, since I will be dead or at best severly disinterested by the time you finish)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Shouting Melon posted:

Here's two of mine:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

The one on the left is a 2005 Honda VTR250, and the one on the right is a 2010 Triumph Street Triple R (I bought it on Wednesday, and it's pretty awesome).

I just shred a pack of cigarettes in a fit of burning jealousy.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Thought this shot came out kind of nice, no editing. Taken on the morning of that faithful day in May when the traffic authorities gave me my 3 month time out.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I test rode the new Versys earlier this year. I love the punchy midrange of that engine. Nice bike, congrats!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

NinjaTech posted:

Sold my TW200, Got this 91 Ninja ZX600

See, you're not supposed to sell bikes. With some work you could've had a very commutable TW600.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

26 yo, fully comp; £150. "No previous experience", since in Sweden it counts as a new license if you lost it, for e.g. because of excessive speeding...

But then again, that rate is just because there is this one company that has a flat rate insurance on all bikes that are 20 years or older. Guess why all my bikes are older than 20 years?

Bilsport & MC? I have mine there. £190, full comp with some added rider injury stuff. Down from £600, 3rd party + rider injury, with the previous bloodsucking insurance giant. Thanks for helping me stick it to the man Sweden!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Saga posted:

Do you think he has one of those shirts which says "If you can read this, the bitch fell off the back"?

That's what he's currently writing in poo poo on his bathroom wall, naked and sobbing.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

That is an amazing video! You should post it in the AI plane thread. I didn't know the Camel had the rotary engine and I didn't know it ran on interrupted ignition. Part of me admires it, part of me is revolted by it. It's a beautiful abomination.

edit: They should put it back on the market. Call it the Sopwith Heritage Custom Screaming Teapot Camel.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The orange color only lasts 500 hours.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Cool! How is it unforgiving? Suspension too soft or too hard? I'm sure it's tunable in some way.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If you're not uncomfortable sitting like that you're fine. If you are, at least we know where to begin. Granted your country has some infrastructural problems but your bike is generic enough that the CA hive mind should be able to find the proper replacements for your - rear dual suspension included.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Mach 30 posted:

Here's my nearly-fully-restored 1978 Suzuki GS1000. Just needs the new seat cover that's on the way. Was rebuilt and bored out to 1100. Just picked it up from the paint shop yesterday. I'm so STOKED!

VERY nice! I guess you're browsing for someone to re-cover that seat now...

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I've been using the same trick for two years now. Take regular foam plugs, cut a bit off each end, poke a hole through it and place it over the earbud. Sits solidly, cuts a great amount of noise, improves audio over stock rubber tips and is cheap as hell.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Don't have any pics or plugs at hand. It is a bit tricky because the foam is so elastic. What I use is the pliers and the leather needle from a multitool. Snip off about 1/4 off the thin side and if needed a bit off the thick side. Then I thread it onto the needle to make a hole through it.

Once that is done it is well squished together and it takes some time before it expands into shape. While it's flat it's easier to get it onto the plug, just stretch it with the leather needle (or whatever sharp implement you have), put it over the plug and give it a few mins to expand into shape.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Every time I see a pic of a Monster I want one, but I every time I sit on one I change my mind. I think I need the height and butt of a proper Italian to be comfortable on it.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'm 6', 176 lbs but I have the comfort tolerance of a French princess. But I suppose a new saddle, some risers and lower pegs are easy mods with such a massive aftermarket.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SlightlyMadman posted:

Dude ... we should like ... vagazzle our motorcycles ...

I've always considered my bike a diamond in the muff.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Pope Mobile posted:

I got a bike this weekend:

Nice, congrats!

The oil filter looks like it's messy to change, but I suppose it's easy to just cover the pipes with something and mess all you want.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Oh I thought the silver thing was the filter.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

That has to be the best looking 400!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Japanese conservatism + useless American macho poser biker culture = very few cool bikes. The Ninja 250 has been selling extremely well for many years and only now are one of the other ones letting one model out.

You know what would sell really well? Honda Varadero 250, Kawasaki Versys 250, Suzuki V-Strom 250, Yamaha Tenere 250. Or perhaps 400s. Basically baby adventure bikes for urban use, priced at or around Ninja 250s.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Bucephalus posted:

It's keeping him *in*. He's trapped in his very own Truman Show.

He has just moved in to the 2nd level of his own GTA. That's the fence inexplicably blocking access to level 3.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

nsaP posted:

Do the manufacturers go out of their way to make them ugly as sin so that you buy an aftermarket one immediately? Seems that way.

The government makes them put it on, but it seems weird that they don't make any effort in making a street legal undertail work and look good.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hmmm. You know on sports events they have huge sponsor logos that are distorted on the ground so they appear flat to the perspective of the camera? In Formula One, Shell usually has a huge logo on some lawn on the track.

Idea: paint the license plate in distorted text inside the wheel arch so it appears flat from the rear.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

infraboy posted:

I don't think Honda or Yamaha make a modern bike with a twin engine that isn't a cruiser do they?

They both have adventure bikes with twins.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I think the TDM has been phased out. Africa Twin as well. Honda currently has (on the Norwegian amrket anyway) two adventure twins, Transalp (middleweight) and Varadero (1000cc).

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

mattmofob posted:

Here is a pic of my Ape.

That is awesome, I want one extremely much.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Vork!Vork!Vork! posted:

you must, this is the first time your english is a bit off

I'd like to think it was subtle way of expressing muchly childish glee with frolicky dancywords.

edit: this is me excusing myself as best I can

Ola fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 7, 2011

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

So after years of looking around, I finally found a fixer upper Ducati cheap enough that I could buy it, and it has opened up a whole new world of riding like a total dong to me! I love it!

Is that an ST4? It would actually look good as a naked/ tall handlebar conversion, apart from the radiator - but that has to be easily replaceable with something else, right?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Oh right, I thought ST2s were air cooled. Now I remember that's a popular misconception. I've test ridden one, loved the engine, did not love the ergonomics. But then my joints are basically incompatible with any sporty layout.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

DILLIGAF posted:

chromosexual

Welcome to my world you delightful little phrase.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I wish Triumph would make a Tiger in the color, so hot!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Forty Two posted:

Mother of God. Those are the hottest pipes heat has ever been piped through.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I used to think the Africa Twin looked rather ungainly but it has grown on me. Stole this pic from advrider, someone is mid-mod. It looks like a really good platform for customizing.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I've ridden the Gladius once, thought it was a great bike. Definitely got a sporty, high mode, futuristic, hi-tech good feeling.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SimplyCosmic posted:

To be truthful, I love the kitchen appliance green.

It's simply not a color I've seen on any other bikes here, even among the 70s UJMs.

I think we should call it Japanese Touring Green.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I really like the way the shock is mounted on those Kawas. Anyone know any disadvantages? If you got an aftermarket one, it would really stick out as well.

Why yes, I do roll on Öhlins. :smug:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Forty Two posted:

I have the naked version and while it's a lot of fun, there are definitely a few things that could be improved aesthetically. The banana seat for one looks silly and it's really not very comfortable.

But comfort is in the rear end of the beholder, isn't it?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It might be more difficult to fit shocks from other bikes if they have very different mounting points, but that's true for all bikes. Monoshocks in the middle tend to have very tight space around them.

Quick google, here you go, Öhlins for the Versys which has the same mount.

http://www.altrider.com/ohlins-shock-for-kawasaki-versys/pcid/58-9

It might be true that middleweight Kawa owners rarely buy aftermarket shocks, that would mean less models were available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

deliverator posted:

Traded my 08 VFR800 for this 08 Triumph Tiger 1050. :cool:

Wow, great trade! I love Tigers. e: the headlights of the 1050 are perhaps the best looking on any motorcycle, any year. But the rear end does look a little...rear ended.

Ola fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 25, 2012