Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
Current bike: Almost done. The new bars complimented the snowmobile seat nicely, and I really like the look it has now :)

Old bike : I miss it so much :cry:

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 19, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Phy posted:

TurboLuvah, is your bike diesel-electric because it looks like a freight locomotive, and I mean that in a good way.

That's a cool way to put it, but I can see where you're coming from :) I like the sleek bullet style appearance it has.

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

If you get some time, polish those pipes.

Need to make it run right first :smith:

TurboLuvah fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 21, 2008

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

We just picked this up two days ago for $500, thing is in sweet shape and runs great. Honda CX500. It's actually a very fun little bike, makes a good amount of torque, and when you rev it you can feel the bike twist a little side to side it's cool :)

Also, how many bikes is too many? :smith:

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Simkin posted:

*shrug* All I know is that the number is at least equal to or greater than 5, as I was quite happy having that number around the house.

That CX is in waaaay nicer shape than I'm used to seeing them around these parts. Are you planning on adding any of the touring fairings on, or keeping it naked?

I hope not, I know my father loves bags/fairings, but goddamn do I think they ruin the looks of the older bikes. I think it would look too much like a mini Silverwing with fairings/bags. And yeah, neither of us have seen a CX500 in anywhere near this shape, which is partly the reason we decided to buy it :)

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

My brother just got his bike back from being repaired after some shithead plowed into him. He decided to replace the factory exhaust with this:

It is absolutely absurd/amazing sounding. The highway runs behind our apartment, and I can literally hear him coming from MILES away. He said he had no idea it was going to be this loud, and probably wouldn't have done it if he knew...but oh well :) Power down is also up, so much that it feels like an entirely new bike. I guess the combination of new plugs and the exhaust really woke it up. And he's gone for the weekend too, which means I get to ride to my heart's content.

Riding to work this morning it was 40* out and I was so cold, but so happy.