Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
My K6 Gix 750:

On Hiway 101 north of San Francisco on our way to Laguna Seca

Crater Lake, OR heading home on the same trip

Sadly, she's sitting in the garage with a blown voltage regulator that I'm too annoyed to fix at the moment. Left me near stranded in the middle of nowhere eastern Oregon. drat you Selene!

On a side note, she has exactly 15000 miles on her now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

I have that same tail bag and one of us is putting it on backwards. It's worked out really well for me so far.

Ha ha, well it used to have painters tape proclaiming our destination on the back/front/big flat area.

It peeled off the night before we hit Crater Lake due to us being forced to pass out in a sprinkler-laden lawn of the rest stop outside of Shasta, CA.

I still have no idea which way that bag is supposed to face.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Welp now I'm one of those guys:

2010 Crossbones. 1400 miles and pretty much all stock. No big plans for it since I love the bike as it is. I'll probably methodically replace all the chrome bits with black. It's my first Harley.

Bonus: Already have a 17 day bike trip planned for the end of this month. Curious to see how Death Valley in August feels :/

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Snowdens Secret posted:

I know it's a softtail and all but man that seat and that suspension and "17 day trip" just do not add up for me. Is it more compliant/comfy than it looks?

Cosmetically I wouldn't black it out any further, the only incongruous element is the luggage rack mount (which you obv need to live with if touring)

It's actually quite cushy. But we're also only planning about 300 miles a day and lots of stops. Should be a nice leisurely trip. I do have a windscreen as well that I'll put on - 70mph without one makes it hell to hang on for long periods, especially with the low dished seat and lack of backrest.

And the bags and rack are coming off as soon as I get back from the trip.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

slidebite posted:

Mirrors aren't just for merging. Situational awareness is not a bad thing.

This. I switched the position of my mirrors to below my handlebars and was completely thrown off every time I checked to see what was going on behind me since they weren't where I was expecting them to be. Not having a view of the situation behind you is a bit unsettling. Now I'm used to their new position and all is well with the world again.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Twozzok posted:

I'm like 5'9" maybe 5'10" when I sit up straight. It was £2600 on the road. Which included road tax and first registration etc.

... seven days....

Also, I really want to play on one of those.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Rode around Rainier yesterday with my Pops. Did about 300 miles or so.

Up at Sunrise

Y'know, filters and poo poo

Waiting for the pilot car while they repave the road in the park. Pop's Road King and my 'Bones.

Tomorrow, we're headed up to Artist Point near Mt. Baker. Two volcanoes in one week!

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

clutchpuck posted:

What year is the Road King? The scheme on the tank is pretty much the best. My friend's '98 has the same pattern but with red and black, not real common.

Pop's bike is a 2004.

We didn't end up going to Artist's Point at Baker and instead took Hwy 20 up to Washington Pass. So much fun scraping floorboards on the corners. :) Did about 350 miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Snowdens Secret posted:

Hmmm.

Does that thing have a brake light and turn signals?

I assume the brake light was above a side mounted license plate on the other side of the bike. As for turn signals, who needs 'em? That's what your arms are for!