Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
My first bike, 2002 SV650N:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Totaled:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

New bike, 2002 SV650S:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Loaded for last week's trip:

Taking a piss with her clothes off:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

N183CS posted:

Here's my first bike. It's not much, but I don't have a M endorsement yet. Still a blast to ride and gets around 90mpg. It has more than 1/4 paid for itself in the first 1000 miles when compared to driving my Land Rover for 1000 miles.

I ride it to work just about every day now that it is sort of warm here.

Ruckin' ain't easy, but it sure do pay.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Captain Amazing posted:

Here's my little SV done up like an insect.

What's so wrong with the stock SV headlight? Maybe I'm the only one, but I think side-by-side round headlights look ugly as sin on nakeds, and it seems like just about everyone puts them on. I love those handguards though, awesome looking and practical.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Captain Amazing posted:

Nothing is wrong with a single headlight. In fact I wish I had one. It was in a wreck and the last guy who owned it took the opportunity to replace the stock headlight with that buell thing. It sucks for night riding. The handguards I like though. I figured if the frame is black, everything else should be black too.

Ah, cool. I guess it's just cheapness that makes everyone use those buell ones. There was an SV of the month on SVRider that had over-under headlights like the Ducati 748:

It was hot stuff. It had handguards like yours too.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Simkin posted:

Is it wrong that I think the headlight setup on that looks like complete rear end? The rest looks great, but those headlights look like some hackjob aftermarket kit that you see people throwing onto ratty old flat black painted "streetfighter" rebuilt sportbikes.

Seconded. I hate almost all side-by-side dual headlight setups though.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

sigtrap posted:

After 2+ years of financial misery (balooning mortgage payment caused by miscalculated taxes blah blah house sucking me dry, no money, nearly bankrupt, etc.) I finally and miraculously sold my house and regained my freedom. So I bought myself a birthday present :haw:

God I love it.

Awesome, I want to know everything about it. How tall are you? I've been lusting after one of those for a while, but the one I sat on at the dealer had the lowering kit and it felt like it only came up to my knees at 6'3". How's the ride, loud, smooth, does it pull real hard? How's the windshield? Does that underseat gas tank really make the cg feel that much lower? Is everything easy to get to, maintenance-wise?

Edit: Definitely bring it South as well, I'll put you up on the futon in San Diego if you let me ride it. ;)

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Hahaha that's hideous.

Not to mention the huge swingarm despite the fact that there's a ton of space where actual bike components should be. Time to hit the dragstrip...of my imagination!

edit: maybe it's not that big but man does it look wrong. Like it's upside down or something...

Whoa, I just noticed the surrealist chain.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

SqueekyD posted:

A few weeks ago on the south grade of Palomar Mt.

18,000 miles since February. I'll be trading up to a 600RR soon.

Hey, I think that's the same corner I totaled my SV in...Near the top? 18,000 seems like a shitload. I was proud of my 5,000 in about the same timeframe.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Uthor posted:

Where do you find a moped in Illinois. I've been doing quick Craigslist searches from time-to-time and never see anything for sale and there seems to be only one shop in Chicago based on a quick Google search.

I'd love to get one to dick around on for $200-$300.

If you're near Chicago get it from Curt and Pat.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

cheesebot posted:

Sunday was my birthday and I got this:

Make mine sourdough!

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Simkin posted:

That's just the neutral safety switch. If you're trying to start it with the kickstand down, in gear, you'll have to have the clutch pulled all the way in.

I mean, unless Yamaha is particularly :downs: on this.

My bike won't start with the sidestand down unless it's in neutral. It'll start in gear if the sidestand is up and the clutch is pulled in though.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Deodorant posted:

No, use hairspray. My grips don't budge when tied down.

Spit works fine too.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

spandexcajun posted:

I bought an sv650, how original of me! 2003 - 6400 miles. Picked this bike up Monday, loving everything about it so far. I have frame sliders on order. Not sure what else I have on the upgrade list yet, just want to ride as much as possible before winter sets in.

Has a big dent in the gas tank, but I got a good price so I don't mind to much. I now see way everyone loves these bikes so much, torque rules.

2003 there was a recall on the SV tanks. If it hasn't already been done, you might be able to get a new tank for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Dracon Wolf posted:

Okay okay fine, maybe I'll try find another seat somewhere. It's the one that came with the bike when my brother got it earlier this year...the previous owner was a doctor. Apparently he has odd taste. I'll see how it goes attempting to find a different seat. :)

Keep the seat and get a fuckoff huge bosozoku fairing to go with it: