Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!
Ninja 650R - bought at the end of last season, didnt ride much but have put 2,000 miles on so far this season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

Bugdrvr posted:

What does everyone think of the Ninja 650s? I love the look of them (the old ones with the red parts even more than the new), but I've never taken one for a ride. It seems to be the almost perfect bike from what I've read. Quick, narrow, handles well, very practical etc.

I'm going to be I moving to SoCal this fall and will be looking for a new bike. The 650 is just about tops on my list. That is if I don't give in to my impractical lust for the new 600RR.

Mine has been great and utterly problem free. I get a lot of "douche bag crotch rocket" hate but whatevs. I use mine as more of a sport tourer and bought bags for it. My riding is like 70-80% expressway. With the Zero Gravity sport touring windscreen its extremely comfortable. I havent ridden many other bikes, but this one rocks.

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I have been seriously considering a Versys as my second motorcycle and I have a few questions.

How is the MPG?
How is riding two-up? Can the passenger get their hands on the tank?
How many other bikes have you owned, and compared to those how does it handle?
How does it handle in the rain?
How are the handlebars? I rode a 650r that has similar bars and they were angled very ackwardly.

I rode a 650r last year and liked how smooth the engine was but I dislike the looks of the 650r, this bike is totally my style though. The price is right as well. Very nice bike :)

As a 650R owner I can sort of answer the MPG question, I usually get around 55-60. The lowest I have gotten is the 40's flogging it and once I got like 70 cruising the expressway at 55mph. Usually a tank of gas goes about 180 miles.