Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cull
Feb 20, 2005

Bear attack!
The current bike, a Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic (photo's a bit old...it has a faux air cleaner cover now and Kuryakyn Iso grips now)

and the one I'm trading her for, the Buell Lightning XB9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cull
Feb 20, 2005

Bear attack!
'09 Buell XB9. Got it a few weeks ago. Traded in a V-Star 1100 so it's quite the change for me, but I really like it so far. And yes it isn't a Gixxer and doesn't perform like one :cheers:

Cull
Feb 20, 2005

Bear attack!

Gnaghi posted:

Sup fellow Bueller. I love how blacked out the new ones are, it's taken a few cans of high-temp to approach that look on my 03.

Yeah at first I was disappointed in the color change this year but I actually like it better now....quite a bit less "Transformer-ish" in the all black. Besides, you can't go wrong with black eh?
Guy at the dealership that walked me through it on purchase day said he did the same spray paint treatment on his '06 but "kinda screwed it up" :aaa:

Cull
Feb 20, 2005

Bear attack!
No glamour shot, but here's my Buell Lightning.

Really love this bike---so fun to ride. Only issue I've had is that it likes to eat fuel pump fuses and I have yet to figure out why. Only happens when it's really hot out.

Modifications I've done: took off the stock mirrors :colbert:

Cull
Feb 20, 2005

Bear attack!

sirbeefalot posted:

I really like that blue. Is the windscreen the same hypermetallic finish as the tank, or is it translucent?

Thanks, I do too. I was torn between the (you-can-never-go-wrong-with) all black or the blue, but blue's kinda my favorite color.
Both translucent. It's fun when people walk up and look at the "tank", and puzzle over it.

stormangel posted:

Don't know if this helps, but my Firebolt was blowing fan fuses like crazy. I traced wires looking for a short to no avail. Eventually my fan died altogether, and once i replaced it it never blew another fuze.

Yeah it's weird. I've done a bunch of googling and it does seem that there are other Buell owners with fuse issues---and various theories---but nobody ever seems to figure out what the problem is.
It's annoying, but I've gotten to where I'm like a F1 pit crew when the fuse goes. I can coast to a stop and have the seat off, fuse replaced and seat back on in about 30 seconds. :)

clutchpuck posted:

Nice, I think Buells are the perfect street bike.

I love being able to see everything, and be seen. But mostly I love the agility and handling; I'm a pretty conservative/defensive rider but she moves like a hummingbird when I ask her to.