Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin
Jul 8, 2005

Keeping it gangster for reals
This is fun.

First bike sold it, ninja 650r nay

07 gsxr 15,000 miles yay

02 sv650 gay

Actually racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin
Jul 8, 2005

Keeping it gangster for reals

Z3n posted:

Firstly, are you on the gas when hard parts are scraping the ground? If you're not, you need to get on maintenence throttle. It's essential to riding the track, read Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist 2, which explains it detail.

Secondly, you have the lean angle to drag knee, just not the body positioning. You're rotating your hips around the gas cap, rather then keeping them perpendicular to the line of the bike and moving sideways off the bike. If you cross up your shoulders so that your inside shoulder is facing forward, you're not going to drag knee until you're absurdly cranked over. If you square up your shoulders and move sideways off the bike you'll drag knee basically immediately. What you're doing is rotating your hips around the bike and sticking your knee more forward, rather than more out. You want your hips to be perpendicular to the line of the wheels, not parallel, and you'll be dragging knee in no time.

With that said, dragging knee has absolutely nothing to do with how fast you're going, it just looks cool and is a nice judge of lean angle, plus gives you a trick to save slides. Most of the time, though, they come back on their own anyways, it's a rare slide that is truly saved on the puck.

I've ridden a 250 a bit the suspension on it cannot be confidence inspiring. At the lean angles required to drag knee I can almost guarantee you're bottoming out the suspension if you weigh anything more then 90lbs.

quote:

I also have a 2007 Ninja 250. I got it about a month ago, I think, with only 1800 miles, now up to 3000ish.

My first track day at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway last weekend. Went with a lot of San Diego Hypercycles/Buymoto people.

Hah, my teammate races for buymoto.com. We'll be down racing WSMC @ Willow Springs in December. I can ping ya when we go down.

tokin fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 11, 2008