Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

The truth never set me free so I'll do it myself.
Here's my 2006 Honda VTR250, as posted in the megathread when I first got it:

My first bike! I love how it looks, which is a large part of why I chose it, the other reasons being that it's well regarded as a starter bike, and it's built by Honda. Ex-demo from a dealership, as only 2006 and previous were available in matte black, and it also satisfied the rule that your first bike should not be purchased new. I might have bought a second-hand Ducati Monster 620ie (learner approved) if they didn't cost twice as much. Only niggle is that the front brake squeals and hasn't gone away with use. I may have to find out how to remove the front pads to investigate.

My fanciful dream is to maybe end up on some ludicrously fast Ducati, in red, of course. In the meantime, I doubt I'll "outgrow" my current bike anytime soon - in over 1000km, I think I've ventured into the top third of the tacho on maybe a handful of occasions, definitely less than 10 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

Christoff posted:

questionable paint scheme

Oh, there's no question about it - that paint scheme is :krad:

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

So hey, I have a new bike. 2008 Honda CB600F Hornet, 3333km on the clock (2071 miles) and mint condition. It has triple the power of my previous bike, and gets mighty exciting past 6000rpm. I'm also delighted that it has a fuel gauge and clock on the dash. I guess I'm easily impressed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smirk
Sep 20, 2005

Oh god don't put your helmet on the seat like that. :ohdear: