Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
After waiting to replace the wheel, finding a helmet that didn't give me a headache, coming back home after several weeks of dealing with a family emergency, and some good weather, I was able to take this lovely piece of machinery out on a splendid day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005

its all nice on rice posted:

Mine's on the left. Pickup the plate tomorrow.

That ninja reminds me of toothless

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
This dork-rear end town can be nice sometimes. 1/6 nevar forget :911:

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005

Ulf posted:

Hello everyone, I'm still riding this dadhawk into the ground.

It almost looks like you're trying to follow the Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance route, on a Honda no less. Looks like fun (and challenging).

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Speaking of V7s, I just rented this one on riders share. This is my first time using the platform and the third bike I've ever ridden. The owner put a custom seat on it.

So far, so good. It handles beautifully on the road and I love the power, but I'm still getting used to the extra weight compared to my 250 Honda. It's a bit tough for me to maneuver at slow speeds.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
I remember at the Zero demo event I went to, they kept telling everyone "Do not blip. Do not rev." over and over.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
I wish more bikes came in pastel colors (like the Yamaha Sakura concept)

In fact, motor vehicles in general - Why don't they come in more interesting colors? Cars look so bland these days.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Rode to the arboretum today to see the azaleas in bloom.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005

Scam Likely posted:

Hold my beer gear.

I'm renting the 401 here and I came back to the lot to find its beeg Italian brother showed up

crazyivan45 posted:

Shouldn’t have spent the money but wanted something that would work on the highway. Still have the SR and the CB, but this is my new daily rider

I'm partial to the green colorway but this is superb.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005

builds character posted:

I really wish we had access to the QC data for these factories and then comprehensive studies of reliability and fit and finish etc too. I’d be so curious to see how much manufacturing in a given location determines build quality vs customer order and schematics.

i.e. is the 390 India’s fault or KTM’s? :iiam:

At least with cars, Japanese manufacturers are known to be rigorous about enforcing their quality control standards in overseas factories. (e.g. Toyota Tundra is made in Texas but is still the most reliable large pickup). Japanese automakers have been making more cars abroad than in Japan since 2006, so I imagine they have a pretty robust system for enforcing quality for motorcycles too.

But yeah, I really wish we had some more robust data.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Having such a fine looking bike is ez mode

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Seems like that transparent gearbox cover would be completely useless once you add oil.

I get that this is a statement bike, but even on aesthetics alone, the lines don't flow and there's too many conflicting elements.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Autumn AF out here

A bit damp and dreary, but warm. Possibly the last good riding day of the year.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Love the way those look. I'd be interested to see if you find a solution for that rock hard seat.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Wow, a 14-gallon gas tank? How does Yamaha leave room for the engine?

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
Golden hour over cherry blossoms

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
New biiiek

2016 Striple, 7k miles, $5,000.

Did I make a good bad decision? A bad good decision? Will anything you tell me change my mind? (no)

I like it from every angle except the front. I hate the look of the flyscreen, but it is practical.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
I rented one for a few days over the summer, so nothing was too surprising. It's pretty well-mannered for how much power it has. The simple fact that it's so much quieter and smoother than my last bike makes it so much more relaxing to ride. The massive rev range is taking some getting used to. I can barely get above third gear in normal riding.

I have no complaints about the handling, but I do want to properly measure the sag and set up the suspension soon. Having so many features to fiddle with is a new experience for me.

Debating whether to put frame sliders or crash bars on it. Trying to come up with a cold weather solution too. The bar end mirrors mean I can't put mitts on it. Might have to finally get heated gloves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
I like the spring and flowers and stuff but my bike is just a pouty goth at the picnic.