Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

warwick5s posted:

These bikes are so awesome and if they weren't ridiculously over-complicated I would have kept mine.

I owned a 1984 VF1000F. Big, heavy thing, but I still really enjoyed it. Pretty fast back in the day, too.

My current ride is a 2002 Hayabusa I bought in Feb. 02. Some minor bolt on mods for looks and performance. Best 1.61 short slammed @ stock length on BT010 w/stock clutch. 6.2@116.9 1/8 with my big rear end on it. 9.7@146 1/4 (different passes) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

Ripoff posted:

Holy loving poo poo there are a ton of motorcycle owners on SA.

I was thinking the same thing. Lots of diversity, too.

Here's another of my past rides, 1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator.

I don't know why, but I really liked that bike. I always wanted to do a chain conversion, sportbike suspension, brakes, wheels/tires. Another bike I wish I still had, although I'd probably never ride it. :) The thing had a woefully small tank. When I rode to work, I'd have to fill up every AM on my way in.

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero

mr.belowaverage posted:

To this:

1977 Kawasaki KZ1000-A1 type.

Just waiting on insurance to get her out.. hoo boy!

That's a nice ride. How many miles on it? Any work done? It looks really clean.

happyscrappyheropup
Oct 13, 2005

mark it zero
MD has been very warm and dry this winter. Lucky to be able to ride at least a few times a week. Yesterday was a little cool, today and tomorrow are perfect; high 50s/60.