Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla
This'll be fun... click for bigger

First bike - 2000 ZR-7

Rode it for a year and then graduated to this:
2003 R1150R

Logged 30,000 miles in two years... I still miss it.

After dragging the Beemer's cylinder head at the track, I decided to get a dedicated track tool:
2002 CBR600F4i

Still have it and love it.

Had this while I lived in England for a bit:
2004 Z750

After coming back to the states, got a good deal on this:
2003 SV1000S

Decided I needed to do some dirt riding, so I sold the SV and got this:
1996 DR350

Decided I needed more powah(!), so I got this:
2000 XR650R

Needed a dedicated street bike, so I got this
2003 Z1000

Didn't like the way it looked, so I turned it into this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

Pubic Lair posted:

Nice... I love the Zephyr. What size is it?

Zaknafein posted:

2008 R 1200 GSA

drat, very nice... must be Hexhead week.

Picked this up last Friday:

2005 R1200ST... with only 2000 miles! If you can stomach the huge schnozz-fairing and tombstone headlight, it's a great bike. For only 7 grand, I figured I could deal with the looks.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla
Adventure bikes can suck it.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

Not me, but a buddy:

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

EvilCrayon posted:

Been a while since I last posted here. Had an 03 Falco for ~8 months before getting this today. I can't wait to bleed my rear brake every other week. I think I'm in love all over again.

2003 Aprilia Tuono RSV-R Limited or whatever the first year the Tuono came out was called. Going to do a lot of maintenance this weekend.

Awesome!

I just picked up a plain-Jane version last weekend:

Oddly enough, it was a test ride on a Falco that made me start looking for a Tuono. Great motors and chassis, just the Falco's riding position was way too leaned for ward for me.

EvilCrayon posted:

The Factory comes with radial brakes if I remember correctly. It also has forged magnesium:gizz: wheels and a titanium exhaust system from Tigcraft:gizz:

And A TON of carbon fiber bits, too.

infraboy posted:

aaaaah thats the real original set of Tuonos (very pricey with the Ohlins etc), they only made a few of them initially to test the market, they sold like hotcakes so Aprilia then decided to make a bunch of Tuonos more affordable with Showa bits, which were still great.

Interesting, I didn't know about these early, limited versions. I can only imagine how good they are with lighter wheels and Ohlins. Good job on the find, EvilCrayon!

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

EvilCrayon posted:

It does seem like my Falco had better fueling at low RPM but that only came after a Gabro chip.

What was your overall opinion of Gabro's chip? Was it one of his off the shelf tunes or something custom?

My bike came with an RSV Titanium EVO chip (which matches the exhaust) and while it runs greats, it's definitely a rich tune and I'm getting only 30mpg on the freeway. Would love to have a bit more range for the longer rides.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

How does that thing compare to the first gen?

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

Razzled posted:

It is possibly the greatest thing ever created by mortal engineering

Well, do yourself a favor and don't ride a 1290 Superduke... your opinion might change.

But yeah, Tuono's are pretty drat good. +1 on the Gabro chip; mine had the Evo Titanium chip and it was poo poo.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

Z3n posted:

my other unreasonable dislike, the BMW boxer engine, completely tragic to ride.

I was all ready to yell at you for your hatespeech against the boxers... but then I remembered why I sold my R1200. I really hope the new LC motors fix the complaints I had with that motor, cause I really dig everything else about those bikes.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

BlackMK4 posted:

I'm waiting to come across a crashed Factory for those glorious Ohlins forks. :v:

With your horse trading skills, why not find an uncrashed Factory and sell your regular model? Then you get forged wheels, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

No. 6 posted:

Since we're comparing mileage, my naked 1200 gets a solid average of 33mpg in mostly city traffic. I ride it pretty hard but also kill it during long lights. Highway driving gives me over 40mpg.

I generally have to tank after 130-140 miles.

What app is that?