Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
First up, my girls.

My first bike, which I'm still working on.

1977 Suzuki GS400X

In fact, her current state minus the engine, front fender, and wiring bits.

Plans for her are to just restore her. Maybe get different bars and put some nice shocks on, but that's about it.

My second girl I bought.

1973 Yamaha LT2

On her way home.

And in a garage where SOMEONE keeps stealing her.

Not many plans for her. A tuned pipe might be nice.

Lastly, my boy. I feel for what shape it's in, I ripped off the seller.

1980 Suzuki GS550E

I bought him with some charging issues. Very typical problem, and solved by a new, bigger regulator / rectifier put in this weekend. First thing will be to get rid of that luggage rack / sissy bar. Second thing before it truly goes anywhere is to replace the tires. Other mods will be superbike bars, a dual front disc brake, eventually shocks, and maybe some day a 650 top end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Repo Man posted:

I bought a lightly used '84 550ES in May of '88, partly spurred by an effort to get over being dumped by a girl who looked very much like Susanna Hoffs (the lead singer of The Bangles).

Who are The Bangles? :confused:

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

100 Years in Iraq posted:

:wtc: How old are you, boy?

Well first off, I'm a girl. Secondly, it was a joke due to the fact that Repo Man was old enough to ride and buy a motorcycle the year I was born ('83). Lastly, I love my 80's music.

Fake edit: drat you, Nero. :arghfist: I'll get you yet.

Real edit: I have pretty pictures of my '80 with the luggage rack removed.

kdc67 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 15, 2008

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Skreemer posted:

You actually out and about on the street with that thing yet? Ever get new tires and R/R? BTW battlax BT-45 will run you under 200 for the set...

I am not. The R/R is all installed and we got the bike running. Tires will be bought. I don't know how well you remember how worn they were, but the front's worn completely down in the middle and the rear's not much better so I don't even want to go play around in a parking lot with it right now. Nero's ridden it around town a little bit after we got the R/R in. It also needs a new chain, and then we'll do the little maintenance stuff like engine and fork oil changes since who knows when those were last done.

BUUUUT... quitting one's job does not really help with funds.

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

What's so wrong with that?

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Nerobro posted:

And KDC's LT2 has some bad feeling about it.

Yet that doesn't prevent this from happening on a frequent basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdc67
Feb 2, 2006

WHEEEEEEE!

Pvt. Public posted:

I was trundling along behind him on a VX800 and this was the funniest poo poo I have ever seen while riding (well, right behind said owner of the KLR squeeze-motioning to a VERY large woman's rear end as she crossed the street in front of us). I was giggling like an idiot every time we came to a stop. :mmmsmug:

You giggle like an idiot on a normal basis anyway.

Chris Knight posted:

Love 'em!

Gracias. :) The kickstart works like a dream. I imagined something a bit more resistant. Bonus yay for having electric start, as well. Comes in handy when you may or may not stall the bike on a hill.