Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'll bite!

2007 SV650S purchased in September last year, about 8.5k miles on it now. Been nothing but a blast. I thought I was going to trade up at some point to a bigger bike, but I don't ever see selling the SV. It's my daily driver and she's pulled me through some pretty silly situations.

2008 DRZ400SM caused me to post in this thread because I just got it a few days ago and I love it to death. Totally different experience, so much fun, so much hooliganism.

Next season, track bike, and my stable will be everything I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jay_Zombie posted:

Pack mule.

What set of bags is that?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jay_Zombie posted:

Bags

Thank you much. That looks like a great touring setup.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jay_Zombie posted:

No problem. They've done me good so far on two out of state trips. I'd reccomend them to anyone.

My set already arrived and they definitely rock. Gunna have to make a long trip here soon :)

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

the bluing on that pipe looks awesome. Nice grab.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Dubs posted:

DRZgoodness

Very nice.

DRZ's are just silly awesome. You'll find yourself having a absolute blast at a completely different riding style and pace that you did before.

Plus they are stupidly fast in the corners. A word of warning for you: The plastics, in black, will be scratched within 48 hours. Anywhere your boot, or a bit of metal on your pants, or a jacket comes into contact with those plastics is going to leave a scar.

And keep an eye on the how many miles your going per tank. During break in you have to be good, but once you can flog it, she'll run out of gas sooner than you think.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jesus H. Christ, thats a stunning machine.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

No helmet? Check
No gear? Check
iPod? Check

God that's a lot of freedom goin on right there.

I'm jealous of your front yard decorations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Welcome to the wonderful world of the super-moto.

Your wallet wont be thanking you, but its worth every penny in tires and lawyer fees.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Sweet mother of gently caress I was having a good day until you posted that. Did you pull up a cot in the garage and sleep next to it?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

You lock the front and dive on the right side? That doesn't look very totaled.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Zool posted:

But enough about broken SV1000's. Let's get back to posting pictures of our fathers' 1098s Tricolores.

And lots of glorious video.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The new toy.

This bike is loving bonkers. I absolutely love it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Simkin posted:

Is it possible to ride that around town without being instantly arrested? :supaburn:

It's funny you should ask...

I've had the 'opportunity' to speak with two police men within 24 hours of having it. First cop rolled up next to me at a stoplight after, surely seeing some pretty non-cop friendly behavior and both myself and the person I'm riding with agree that we're pretty sure he shouted 'Nice bike!' before taking his free right on red.

Few hours later I got hit by a speed trap on I-5, nothing stupid fast just a bit over the speed limit. As I'm taking my helmet off and ear plugs out I hear the cop exclaim "Sweet bike! What is it? Is that the 690? Oh man!..." and we proceeded to talk shop about 10 minutes before he sent me on my way ticketless.

Bright orange bikes man.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

StonedogJones posted:

my Strom

This is the first Strom I've ever loved.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

too much yut and not enough ugh!

:master:

Man that GSXR is effed to. You (and your pals?) really know how to mess a bike up.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

KTM at the cement factory.

Derz on a loading dock.

Edit: iPhone cameras are poo poo, but all I had on me.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Seattle brought out a little bit of sun today, so I took this opportunity of having light to snap a few of the new family member and my two daily drivers together.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It's not all 600's, just Honda 600's that are stupid.

:dance:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

AncientTV posted:

Also, NewEnough shipping is slow as balls. I ordered my overpants nearly a week and a half ago.

I've never waited more than 3-5 days for my stuff to show up. :confused:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Cycle Asylum > The death pool 2010 thread

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

bad-yeti posted:

Yeah but most of the guff I get is good guff.

I wonder how practical the visor would be? Any idea where you could get this done?

I think that's just one of those skins. From inside the helmet they don't obstruct the view*

*as much? Semi-transparent? Not sure...

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Oakey posted:

I guess it's just me but I think the single undertail exhaust looks kind of silly. Other than that though that's a really nice-looking bike.

I'm with you here. The stock 3 pipe look is much better suited to it. There are aftermarkets that keep that. I'm normally a fan of the two bros system but it makes it look like any ole CBR exhaust.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Need to check dat' azz out more to see what I'm on about.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ola posted:

I love that whistle (valvetrain?) the triples have, sounds almost like a supercharger.

I loved my time on a 675. The engine sounds so mechanical, like it's a living beast. It's also a absolutely fantastic bike to ride. I'd love to have one.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I almost want to keep mine just do that now. Awesome.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

My bikes :3: Still need to put the rear number plates on the ktm and to get a license plate. Took one day on a motard to pet pulled over where as I went a few weeks on my ninja 250, and my ducati without plates without even a second glance.

This is a bizzaro land version of my bikes!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

ain't nothin but a gangsta party.

Took the supermotos outside for a breath of fresh air. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first SM track day of the year.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ok so where is the shot of the cop with you all pulled over. There is no way that many motards got together and didn't cause trouble

Not this time copper! :siren:

We just rolled them outside while the garage got cleaned/organized. :banjo:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'd like to buy you a beer.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Single-sided swingarms make it pretty much impossible to accidentally set the bike down without the kickstand down and lose it, as the bike can't rock off the stand and you can't remove the stand from the bike until all the weight is off it. You'd have to really try. I don't miss that little moment of panic when your bike starts to act like it's going to fall.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Engine braking on the SV is sharp and you certainly learn to plan for it, but it's never violent. I've ridden a few big twins now and the SV, while it still has that characteristic, is pretty friendly about it. Just keep in mind it's there in the rain or when heading into a corner, and learn to use it to your advantage.

Edit: This coming from when I owned my 08 SVS

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Fantastipotamus posted:

Hah, no, can't say that I have.. I'm curious now though, why?

And what I meant to say is that my Triumph is still a new bike to me and I've only put about 1k miles on it, it sounded brand new the way I said it, and it's got ~4600m or so.

We had a guy following us on a new Triumph 675 drive his bike into a marsh cuz he 'wasnt gunna make the corner'. There was so much stupidity there I dare not speak it all.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Awesome grab. Welcome to the noise club.

Edit: Because any excuse is good enough for me:

Click here for the full 599x800 image.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 11, 2010

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

frozenphil posted:

Why does your scooter have a wider rear tire than my Ninja 250?

The jokes really write themselves here.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

My perception must be completely hosed, a bandit 1200 is just not terrifying. Not a first bike, sure. But power corrupts absolutely...

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

No sirs, I agree a beginner should have nothing to do with one. I simply mean, once you've flogged something like a S1000RR, what you consider a fast bike is completely warped. Motorcycles are crazy.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Plus Jack the Smack owned one, so nobody wanted one after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

He was the squid in all of us, out and proud.