Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
Not sure if she'll have something that works, but the designer Megan Lapp makes lots of dragon/faerie/mythological patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
I haven't played any of those games, but I love all of those ami. Mind posting your insta? I'd love to see more.

For content, I've also fallen in love with crocheted toys lately and I'm working my way through the Unicorns, Dragons and More Fantasy Amigurumi books. I also have Dinosaurs, Mammoths and More Prehistoric Amigurumi up next. So far I've made:

Nessie the Loch Ness Monster

Kiki the Phoenix

And Lily the Water Nymph

I also made this little plague doctor who sits on my desk to keep me safe.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie
Thanks! Can never have too much yarn in my feed haha.

And thank you! I'm still fairly new to crochet, I've been trying to teach myself for a couple of decades but only got the hang of it in the last couple of years. I highly recommend the books, the instructions so far have been really clear and no issues.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie
This might not help and was definitely a sideways entry, but I finally got the hang of crochet by using it as a provisional cast on. I think it was being able to work the crochet stitch without needing a foundation/starting chain that did it, because I really struggled with getting a tidy, not-too-loose-or-tight foundation chain and gave up.

Seconding YouTube, that and googling for picture tutorials are how I teach myself everything. Sometimes I like static pictures better because I can move through them at my own pace and see the stitches super clearly, especially when the relevant stitch is highlighted.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie
By diagrams, do you mean charts? They're not as common ime but I find them a little harder to work from, I haven't got the hang of them yet so don't tend to look for them. You could probably try a Rav search with 'chart' in the instructions filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

Dale Carnegie
Gorgeous!