Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexadecimal
Nov 23, 2008

by Fragmaster

shodanjr_gr posted:

My app loads a low-poly model off an OBJ file, creates a display list and renders it on the screen.

I think it is fillrate limited, because the framerate is only affected by the size of the viewport and not by the complexity of the model being rendered (a 500*500 window runs at 5-10 fps, a 100*100 window runs way faster).

I am not using any shaders (this is pure fixed pipeline code), only one light, no blending, I do use textures though.

How big is your texture? Also there are various options you can set up that can speed it up, such as mipmapping. I think you can make OpenGL do mipmapping automatically, but it has been a while since I have been doing OGL so i could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU