Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Ambrose Burnside posted:

Putting my blacksmithing training to use in the only capacity I can atm, via a pendant for Mother's Day.

all forged + cold-connected in the traditional ways, just on 14 gauge copper wire. the scrolls are about 3 cm long. the upper ones are on jumprings instead of collars so they can swivel and act as big chain links.

That's really awesome. Good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Ambrose Burnside posted:

My laptop charging port is broken, it won't retain the plug any more so it can't charge without being physically pressed into the socket. lets finesse this poo poo

:golfclap: This is brilliant. And classy!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Slung Blade posted:

Chisel's done, the drift as well, sorta. gently caress, S7 is such good stuff to make hot working tools out of, poo poo is incredible.

Plus, I made a lovely hatchet.

Made from some random bar of iron my dad found years ago and gave to me, plus a spring steel blade that I tried to forge weld in place.

It's pretty bad. But it cleans up ok.

The weld quality is less than stellar.

I dunno, hopefully it can stand up to some abuse. Still need to quench and temper it.

Please put a handle on it and throw it around like Last of the Mohicans. Or, barring that, put a handle on it and send it to me, and I will do it instead.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

TerminalSaint posted:

2.5% duty cycle strikes again!

Found it cleaning up a homeless camp, and took it to the dump.

Where it belongs.

As someone who knows nothing about this stuff but loves seeing the stuff you guys make, does that mean that it works for 15 seconds, then you have to let it rest for 9 minutes and 45 seconds?