Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

And now I'm just starting to watch "The Body," and I feel really bad for Brian. The guy that went on a date with Joyce and even sent her flowers.

Can you imagine the ribbing his friends must have given him? I mean, drat, a woman dies to avoid a second date with you? There's no getting over that.

Considering that Joyce's exes seem to consist of an evil robot, Buffy's deadbeat Dad, and OK, once or twice with Giles, he probably wasn't that big of a loss. Considering that he's a 30-40 something guy dating in Sunnydale, I'm willing to bet even money that he was probably a horrible demon preying on divorcees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Patrovsky posted:

In the season 6 episode where Dawn inadvertantly gets them all trapped in the house, there's a brief exchange after Halfrek shows up:

Anya: But cursing us? Some of them are in the wedding party.
Halfrek: I just go where I'm- (Spike walks in) William?
Spike: Hey, wait a minute.
Buffy: You guys know each other?
Halfrek: Ah, no.
Spike: Not really.

That's not as less :aaaaa: than realizing that Anne, the teen shelter worker on Angel, used to be one of the vampire worshiping goths that Buffy saved from Spike & co., and then was the homeless girl in L.A. that Buffy helped out when she ran away from home.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Stonefish posted:

Yeah, she stole Buffy's middle name, remember? Seven years, from first to last appearance on the show. That's a pretty good run.

Seth Green still wins though. 1992-2000. He was on for longer than Angel was.

Depends on how you count the Buffyverse. Harmony and Angel lasted from the Buffy pilot to the series finale of Angel, so they had a bit of a longer life than characters like Anya.

For real fun, I saw an episode of 'Married With Children' the other day where a young David Boreanaz was dating Kelly Bundy, and got on Al's badside. It was a bit bit weird seeing Angel getting his rear end kicked by Al Bundy.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 28, 2008

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

How does everyone feel about Adam? Aside from the Mayor, I think he's my favorite 'big bad.'

My biggest problem with Adam is that he lacked personality for a big bad. Guys like Spike, Angelus, The Mayor, and even The Master all just felt like big bad swaggeringly evil badasses.

Adam just felt like a bit of an afterthought to the the whole initiative, in order to make sure we knew that that the initiative was bad. As if trying to kill Buffy & doping up Riley to the gills wasn't bad enough.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

raditts posted:

I'm probably the last person to realize this, but I was trying to remember where I'd seen Felicia Day before when watching Dr. Horrible, and it just occurred to me out of nowhere today that she's the girl in that Cheetos commercial that throws Cheetos into the dryer with the other lady's whites.

Speaking of which, is there a certain way that the end of Dr. Horrible is supposed to be interpreted, or do they just leave that up to you? I couldn't tell if the whole series was supposed to be his imagination, or just what happened in part 3.

She was also one of the potential slayers on Buffy.

As for the ending, I'm agreeing with the folks above. To any outside observers, Dr. Horrible crippled his arch-nemesis and killed Hammer's girlfriend. That is some drat fine supervillainy that puts him up in The Green Goblin leagues.

The ending sequence & song shows that he really hits the big time, with fan clubs, partying with his posse, hobnobbing with the elites. Then it abruptly goes back to him blogging, since that's how we first saw him, as the lonely idealist out to change the world by any means necessary. Instead, he became a successful supervillain, indifferent to the morality of his actions, and still lonely.

Why are we spoilering this anyways?

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

redshirt posted:

My bad - I meant to say after "City of" they dropped this theme. As you note, this theme is addressed directly in the first episode. I love this theme, since it seems very realistic. Drinking blood - human blood - is natural for vampires. It's how they eat! To deny it, to substitute, is a big act, every day, and I would understand if slipping off the wagon - as it were! - was a constant temptation.

It could have easily carried an arc.

I don't think they really dropped this theme, it was just kind of an underlying current throughout the show that pops up every now & again. Off the top of my head, there's W&H doing secretly replacing Angel's regular pig blood with baby Connor blood, let's see if he notices a difference.

There's also the Faith mind meld episodes where we see a 70's Angel listening to 'Mandy' & drinking the blood of robbery victims.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

RoryGilmore posted:

I'm really trying hard to determine what is the lesser of the two evils, but it's very difficult. I hate them both so much :( Not on a nerd-rage level, on a 'why are these characters even here' level.

I'd say that they each have their moments in their respective series final seasons that makes me hate them less. The Xander speech to Dawn about being the guy who's always ignored, but knows what's going on, just made me like both of those characters a bunch more.

And Angel Season 5 Connor, is such a different character from the earlier Connor that I actually like him. Emo Connor sucks. UCLA freshman Connor trying to reconcile his memories of annoying Connor with his mindwipe was actually an interesting guy.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

mobn posted:

Yeah, I think as he grows up he stops hating Angel for jealousy reasons, but that jealousy allows the more mature Xander to hold a perspective on Angel that the others are a bit blind too.

It still doesn't change for me what an rear end in a top hat he was in the first three seasons. He put a lot of unneccessary stress on an already super-stressed Buffy to satisfy his personal feelings, and it really sours me to him until a good 3/4 of the way through Season 4, where I finally come around to him after he proves himself fairly reliable to the team.

I look it at as Xander was a teenager, and acted like a dumbass. Because that is what teenage boys do. He played the passive-aggressive nice guy to a T. His, "I know once I badmouth Angel enough, and let Buffy cry on my shoulder enough, she will be mine," strategy was pure e/n thread material.

Really, the worst he did was point out to Buffy that Angel was a vampire every chance he could, and occasionally ask out Buffy, when he wasn't distracted by his date with a demon woman.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

redshirt posted:

It's a lot of work. Not worth it I think, except for some key cross-over episodes, especially BTVS "Who are you" and Angel "Five by Five" being two of the four episodes in this crossover. Those are definitely worth switching discs for (first two Buffy, second two Angel) - it's an awesome stand alone movie, really.

It's also worth it for "Fool for Love" and "Darla". (BTVS season 5 and Angel season 2, episode 7 for both.) There's a nice "Rashomon" thing going on there, with different characters giving different perspectives on the same events. Plus, it manages to successfully pull off the, "Cool people walking away from exploding poo poo in slow-mo," cliche, not just once, but twice.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Psimitry posted:

Seriously? Tara's pop ballad loving killed that entire episode for me. I'll take Hush in a second without hesitation.

'The Body' deserves a nomination as one of the best Buffy episodes.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

KGBAgent185 posted:

That was the only explanation I could think of, but it is admittedly a really loving weak explanation. :(

Yeah, it's pretty weak. Anya liked bunnies, and was dating a guy who cheated on her a thousand years ago. And now she's deathly afraid of bunnies. Unless her troll Kubiac boyfriend sent some sort of troll bunnies to attack her, there's no shown explanation for her bunny fears. Hell, I like dogs, I've had girlfriends cheat on me, it doesn't make me fear dogs.

I've always just assumed she tried to play Vengeance Demon on someone not shown, who had complete and utter mastery over bunnies, and Anya got scared off by a bunch of angry bunnies attempting to maul her.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

I just finished Angel Season 5. Good stuff, and after having heard about the ending for so long, I loved it.

Does anyone know if the whole cyborg ninja/Wesley's fake dad episode was ever supposed to lead anywhere? I don't remember any explanation given in the episode, and I was expecting some callback to it later, but no luck. I'm wondering if they intended to come back to it before the show was canceled, or if it was just some random enemy.

I think it was supposed to lead somewhere, laying the groundwork for a season 6. But then the show got canceled, so the cyborg ninja subplot got dropped in order to wrap up the show.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
I remember Whedon at one point admitting that he doesn't know how to write happy people, but he's good at writing unhappy people.

So as soon as two unhappy people meet up and become happy, something must intervene to make them two unhappy people, like Xander and Anya, or one half of the happy couple must die to make the surviving member of the happy couple really pissed, like with Tara and Willow.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Aatrek posted:

Glory... she was just here. I think... she left?

Just clearing the pallette, but did you know the devil built a robot?

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 8, 2009

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Our reality is the first though, it's the only one with humans as the dominate species and it's the only one where the Powers reside. Demons want to rule it because were responsible for them loosing it. Plus it is a nexus of trans-dimensional activity, controlling our reality allows them to gain a beachhead on many others.

Also, all the other dimensions suck. I suppose shrimp dimension is alright, but unless your name is Bubba, I'm sure that place would get old pretty quickly.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

I imagine it's easier for people to be in the know about demons and stuff when they live in the city where the demon population is larger and more likely to be noticed, whereas not so much in the small towns. Besides, people in Sunnydale pretty much knew there was supernatural poo poo happening, they just decided to delude themselves. "Monsters certainly not involved, police say."

A lot of the demons in Angel seem to be trying to live their lives, they're just another ethnic group. The people who accept demons around are mostly either WRH types, or people who were attacked by demons, that Angel & Co saved.

I can tell you from past experience, if somebody looking like Lorne showed up on my regular bus ride, I might strike up a conversation about his make-up, but it probably wouldn't even place a top-10 in my crazy bus ride conversations.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

redshirt posted:

We're only talking about the big time Big Bads: Glory, Jasmine, The First, W&H. And of them, only Jasmine and W&H could be argued as trying to reclaim this dimension. Glory was trying to get home, and The First really just wanted to gently caress with Buffy, I think. I don't think it gave a drat about taking over this dimension.

I always thought Jasmine was one of the powers that be, and that Angel seasons 1-3 was all just a big setup for Jasmine coming to Earth.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

mancalamania posted:

Two things that bother me a lot that I didn't see addressed at all in the rest of the thread:

-Was it ever explained how Angel got into Kate's apartment to save her? She made a relatively big deal over the fact that she never invited him in, but it was never mentioned again as far I remember. After the Jasmine reveal happened I assumed she was behind it, but I don't see how saving Kate fit into her plan. Perhaps because saving her got Angel back on track? Or perhaps it was just generic TBTP interference?

It was shown several times before that vampires are allowed to enter the homes of dead people. Kate was OD'ing on sleeping pills when Angel walked through the door, so it's heavily implied that Angel showed up right after she died and managed to save her life.

The reason it wasn't mentioned again was because she got a law degree, and a job with the NYC DA's office, where the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime, and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. :doink: She was later fired by Jack McCoy for her rampant lesbianism.

All kidding aside, the actress who played Kate left for a steady role on Law & Order.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Manos del Sino posted:

I think he's entirely serious that he'd buy the rights to Terminator, LotR and Batman for $10K a piece.

I'm pretty sure it's an homage to the old SNL bits where Lorne Michaels would offer $3000 to The Beatles to reunite and appear on the show.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I think the casting of Connor hurt the potential of the character. It's one of those things we've seen many times in fantasy tv and film. A thin whining youth is cast and we're expected to believe they will grow up to become badasses. I give you, Wesley Crusher, John Connor...

The problem with that is explanation is that S5 Connor is a bit of a badass, and capable of holding a decent conversation. So either the actor got really good really fast, or the character was just horribly written up until then.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

White-Lightning posted:

I'll try to get through this season, although I never really dug vampires too much, and these look very very strange and slightly disturbing. I'll push through simply because 1, its the last Joss Whedon show I have left to watch, and 2, its by far his longest running, and 3, Buffy is FINE. He is good at picking hot girls (as are most guys though)

On an unrelated topic, has anyone noticed the villans on his shows a lot of the time seem to be African-American? In both Serenity, the last episode of Firefly, now Dollhouse, and I'm not sure about Buffy. Maybe its just coincidence? But its also almost the only time they ARE cast, exception to shepard.

Gina Torres (Zoë) looks African-American to me. Honestly, I think they were just trying to cast the best actors for the job, and black actors passed the auditions to play bad guys. They could have just as easily cast a white or hispanic actor to play the role, and the characters wouldn't be fundamentally different. Since their race really has nothing to do with their actions.

Personally, I don't see a problem with casting black actors as villains, as long as they're not playing something like crack dealer #3, or that guy on the left holding a baseball bat. Saying African-American actors can't play a villain on a sci-fi series, seems like arguing that they should only play crooks, cops, Othello, or wise magical negroes.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

daggerdragon posted:

I'm about halfway through Season 5 of Angel. It is definitely much, much better than Season 4.

I have only two words to say about the most hosed-up episode I've seen on both Buffy and Angel:

Puppet Angel.

:wtc: :psyduck:

You poor bastard. You're about to sit down and watch "A Hole in the World," and expecting "Smile Time" goofiness, aren't you?

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Micgael posted:

I'm only to the Halloween episode but it's been thus far a season of pity-party for Buffy, Xander continuing The Hilarious Sexual Misadventures of Xander Harris and struggling to keep Giles relevant. Oh, and something about a ring to make Angel daylight-friendly, but I just assumed that was necessary for the spin off.

It just doesn't seem to work as well outside of the high school.

The ring was just an excuse for a crossover so Oz and Spike could visit Angel. Plus, it's a preview for how awesome Spike would be on Angel.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
I'm pretty sure any physically fit astronaut could beat the ever loving hell out of some scrawny malnourished caveman.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

redshirt posted:

I hear ya, but many people might be reluctant to watch a show that focuses on 16 year olds in High School, and even more so, on a girl! Angel is clearly the more "adult", "male" show of the two, and if you like it, I suspect you'll like Buffy afterwards.

The first episode of Angel serves as an accurate summary of the first 3 seasons of Buffy anyways.

That's how I got into this crazy Whedonverse - hooked on late Season 3 Angel episodes, I got quickly intrigued by all the references to BTVS, and dived in, and loved it. I never would have watched Buffy first, having no idea what it was about. I didn't, in fact, and only started watching Buffy live, alas, in Season 7. Now it's one of my favorite shows of all time, but too late...

Skipping S3 of Buffy means skipping the Mayor, the best Big Bad of them all. Also, skipping S3 means skipping the introductions of Faith and Wesley, who are both fairly major characters on Angel. Although, Wesley gets his own bad-assed story-arc on Angel.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

TheBigBad posted:

You mean where Joss is busy with Angel and Marti Noxon fucks Buffy up because she fucks everything she touches up?

Wasn't she also the one responsible for the drugs = magic storyline.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Feenix posted:

I just wanted to come in here and say that my fiancee and I watched Dollhouse at a pace of something like *AT LEAST* 2 episodes a night in the last week or two.

That show started off interesting, and ended up freaking AWESOME!

I got to the second to last episode of Season 2 and I was like... "and this is not even the finale!!!!" and then the last episode came and I was like, "I wonder if they were going to take the show here, or if they knew ahead of time they got shitcanned and wanted to just have a balls-out hosed up ending."

(I'm guessing the latter.)

Anyhow. This will go high up on my list of shows that should have been left on the air because they were rad, and kindof different in such an awesome way.

It didn't help that the show started with a lot of client of the week episodes that were pretty boring. I tried to give it a shot when it first aired, and couldn't get past the the first three or four episodes. Having gone back and watched it since then, it definitely became a much better show, unfortunately, nobody was watching it by then.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

I will say that if you don't watch it then you might be pretty lost in Season Five of Angel because some monumental shifts occur in Buffy which do play into it's spin-off.

It's not that confusing, and aside from Spike related issues, it really only becomes an issue for maybe one episode. BIG spoilers for those who want to just skip Buffy S6&7 and watch Angel S5: Spike gets a soul, then saves the world by wearing a magical amulet that only works if it's worn by a vampire with a soul. Also, they did a big spell to make all the potential Slayers into actual Slayers, creating a Slayer army.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

When do the standalone episodes end? Because I gave that series a shot when it first started, and by about episode four it was like pulling teeth so I bailed.

I have a real love-hate thing with Whedon. Some of his stuff I think is freakin' amazing (Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Avengers) and some of it is like watching paint dry (the beginning of Dollhouse, and I've yet to be able to get past the first vamp-out in Buffy without my brain going, "no, this is ridiculous" and turning off the episode).

It's been a while since I've watched, but looking over the plot summaries wikipedia, it looks like around episode seven of season 1 of Dollhouse is when they start to drop the case of the week format in favor of going more serialized, and gets a lot more interested in the really scary implications of the Dollhouse tech. Still not a great show, but had the possible seeds of at least a good show.

Also, if you're giving up on Buffy 30 seconds into the pilot because of some bad effects, you're really doing yourself a disservice.

TheBigBad posted:

Yes yes... and the only reason Buffy was created in the first place was because of the soapy pop culture novels by Anne Rice. Lestat made teenage girls and their mothers hearts go pitter pat just as well as Edward did.

Actually, Whedon wrote Buffy because he was a fan of horror movies, while simultaneously getting paid to write horror movie scripts where the hot chick vanquishes evil, and is the sole survivor. Which is what happens in something like 90% of horror films. (The other 10% probably belongs to films like A Nightmare on Elm Street 3. Not there's anything wrong with that.)

Whedon got tired of the cliche, so he tried flipping it around, so that the hot girl that always survives has superpowers to the point where the killers where afraid of her. And the Vampires were the sexiest demons, so they got killed right off the bat.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 7, 2012

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

LordPants posted:

From memory Buffy is at its best when she goes to college right? An then it slowly goes down hill from there? It has been so long since I watched Buffy.

Early Angel on the other hand I have a weird sort of affection for, even before it picked up a head of steam.

Senior year of high school was the best Buffy. Everything post-mayor was just sad and/or annoying.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 24, 2012

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'm one of the few for sure, but I liked the "magic = drugs" storyline. And it was just that, a storyline. Contained within the parameters of the plot - Rack made a specific sort of magic, a drug. Not all magic was like that.

The problem is that it it went from a Dark Phoenix type storyline, where a character has a superpower, and abuses that superpower, then it derails into a lovely anti-drug commercial, because I guess Noxon used to have a problem with heroin.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Honestly, I just put that in to be fair and not seem like an overeager fanboy (which I probably didn't sound like anyway). The one argument I can retain, even if I'm not sure I agree with it, has to do with the way he fetishizes the "strong, rear end-kicking female"; there are people who find fault in Whedon casting tiny hot chicks instead of women who look like they can handle themselves for the physical roles. In this way, the cycle of unrealistic standards for beauty is perpetuated; instead of sexualizing the woman who genuinely looks like she could hand you your rear end, he keeps sexualizing the hot young model who just happens to be able to hand you your rear end.

I'm playing telephone on this one, though, so be careful before you take my interpretation to heart.

To be fair, a lot of that has a lot to do with Hollywood beauty standards.

There aren't a whole of roles for really fat women, or female body builders. So when trying to cast a show, most of the talent pool is going to conform to what Hollywood says is beautiful.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Twee as gently caress posted:

I can understand. Still, we'll be having a series rewatch so no excuse, you will join us!

I'd be down for a rewatch thread. I think The Wire is up to it's third rewatch thread, and it would be interesting to re-watch the first season and wonder why 18 year old me enjoyed the first season. Although, I think two episodes per week makes more sense. Especially when it gets into Buffy/Angel crossover time.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 11, 2013

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
I figure fellow Whedon fans might be interested to know that The Cabin in the Woods has recently been added to Netflix streaming.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

I hadn't seen that before and holy poo poo, was it great. One of the best movies I've seen in a bit.

It's just a shame the film didn't do so well at the box office, because I would love to see The Cabin in the Woods 2. Preferably Starring Bruce Campbell.

Edit: Also, Sweet Christmas, I hope that J. August Richard (AKA Gunn from Angel) is playing Luke Cage in Agents of SHIELD.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 14, 2013

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

I'll never be able to watch this show. The main agent guy looks way too much like the Wiz from Seinfeld.

That's a pretty silly argument, considering that one of the best shows on TV has Seinfeld's dentist in a leading role. (aka the dad from Malcolm in the Middle)

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 16, 2013

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally saw the 100th episode of Angel last night. Can we talk about Cordy's death? I feel so emotionally weird about it, like I didn't react how I thought I would about one of my favorite characters dying. I expected myself to cry, but I was just incredibly saddened. Joyce and Tara made me cry, but maybe because their deaths were much more emotional and prominently featured. I'm just as sad over Cordelia, but instead of making me burst into tears, her death gave me more of an empty, depressed feeling. Granted, this is the one Buffyverse death I didn't spoil myself on, and I didn't know how she was going to die, so it came as more of a shock to me.

The thing about Cordelia's death was that she had been ill for a while. Speaking from experience, after watching someone deal with a degenerative disease where there's no real cure, after a while you're just expecting the other shoe to drop. It's still sad, but you also kind of know it was coming.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jun 2, 2013

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Oasx posted:

I have never read anything from Shakespeare, and honestly I have no idea what the original story is about. Based on the trailer it is not something I would normally watch, but on the other hand I am a big fan of Whedon's work, so I might check it out when it comes out on dvd/Netflix (I doubt it will come to Danish theaters).

It's a proto Romantic Comedy. Basically, a mismatched couple trades witty barbs at each other, with a few comedic misunderstandings, until they realize they're in love. They've been rewriting the same basic story for over 400 years, and nobody is going to claim that Shakespeare did it first.

If you want to check it out, Youtube has the '93 Kenneth Branagh version available for free. (It's mostly remembered for showing Keanu Reeves trying to perform Shakespeare. Which is a shame, since it has a pretty great cast except for Keanu.)

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 24, 2013

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

What happened with Emma? I read some things about Charisma Carpenter and Whedon having issues because of her pregnancy, but nothing about Emma.

She had been complaining for a while that after Anya got left at the altar the writers didn't really know what to do with her character. Aside from the occasional, "What Anya's been up to," episodes, she was mostly just hanging around. The haircut was basically a stunt after SMG cut her hair, to see if anybody noticed or cared if she drastically changed her hair.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

When was this? They were only on the same show at the same time for 3 episodes of season one of Buffy?

Hannigan was probably hanging around the Angel set a bit since she was dating and then married Denisof.

• Locked thread